GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed a number of newer riders joining this group in the last few weeks. For those that have been around the board for a while, we're seeing questions and posts that have been made numerous times in the past. I've been here for two years and know many of you have been here longer than that and have seen Oil threads, Tire threads, Backrest threads, etc. more times than you want to think about. But remember, some of these riders are new to the GL1800, and these are legitimate questions. Show a little compassion for the "newbies" quest for knowledge. If you don't have some positive input or a reasonable answer, just pass by the post.

For the newer members of this board: Before you post a new topic, run a "search" on the area of interest. You may find that there have been several discussions pertaining to your topic and that your question may have already been answered. If not, with all the knowledge available on this board, virtually all questions can and will be answered. Remember too that opinions will vary widely as the board population is scattered throughout the USA and Canada.

Everybody, please try to remain civil, like our Mom's taught us.....if you don't have something good to say.....then say nothing at all.

Thanks for viewing this post, and if anybody wants to flame me for writing it.....keep it to yourself.

BTW......Which is the best wax to use? :lol:

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I agree with Andy 100%, but we must consider another type of visitor. Some people as well as being new to this board may be new to computers or lack the knowledge or are uncomfortable with computers. I firmly believe that an inquirer should not be chastized, but assisted with an answer to a question no matter how many times its been asked before. If a person's question bothers you, the reader, don't answer it. I'm sure that someone will.

·
Registered
325 Posts
dang it............. we already talked about this..... Put on your flamesuit NOW!!!!!!!

:D

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Thanks Andy....

...and no flames here. I agree 100%. I think we need to be more tolerate of the new folks.

Hey, went back to my surgeon last Monday (this was the 12 week point) and the x-rays showed my beautiful metal plate in the neck, but the bone has grown/fused over C3/4 so much that you could not see the metal cage that was inserted. Looking quite good. Doc gave me full clearance for activities (except watch things such as tackle football, and, sense of humor that he has, told me it would be best not to wreck on my bike -- ughhhhhhhh)! Next go back to see him in 3 more months. Tingling still in feet and hands, but lots of things have improved. He said that some of it would take 6-9 months, and some normalcy may never return fully. I am hopeful, however.

The bikes are ready to go. Thought I might get out today but still a lot of snow around my place (snowed 8 inches on Friday), but melting fast. I could trailer down, but still pretty windy today. Monday and Tuesday supposed to be just beautiful, so I think I will get out for a little riding. Waiting for a few issues to get resolved, but I'm starting some part-time work as soon as they get resolved (wheels of bureaucracy move slowly).

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
I dont answer the common threads that are reposted by newbies... :)

like oil ? .... Rotella Synthetic

Suspension Springs?..... Progressive,

Use a Back rests? ....... yes , Utopia

Tires? .... Dunlops at this time, mayb some Avons , then some Metzlers later.... LOL

;)

S

·
0 Posts
I ran a search and found out this tread has been posted 7 times in the last two years - which is pretty good seeing the new board has only been up a few months :lol:

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
The best wax is one that goes on easy, lasts for a long time, shines the bike like new, and is cheap ! :a13:

·
Registered
20,950 Posts
Very good thread here. Mikes comments about many people being new or uncomfortable around computers is a very good point, most of the little I know about computers was learned on this website over the past few years through the considerate help of other board members and I sure appreciate it. Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
287 Posts
I propose that all members who hassle new members should be court martialed :clap2: and if found guilty by the court, :mad1: be banned from riding the 1800 goldwing for life. :chat: and their wing handed over to the person they were hassling. :a13: P.S. This board covers more than Canada and the US. as stated by the member who inserted the initial post. But we other countries will forgive him this time. :yes:

:luck: :rw1: :luck:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Andy M said:
I've been here for two years. Remember too that opinions will vary widely as the board population is scattered throughout the USA and Canada.

This statement is not correct, and you are a member for two years. :no: This board covers a lot more countries than you stated. :luck: This is the first lecture I have read on this board. :hun1: I think everyone is well treated on this forum, :clap2: unless they start giving out about Hal, :banghead: and then they are in trouble. :mad1:

:yes: :rw1: :yes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts