GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yesterday @1potter1 came down to join Larry and I for a day of riding. He spent the night in Russellville the night before. We all met at the Waffle House for breakfast and pulled out for points north afterwards.

Considering this was mostly curvy roads it was a pretty long ride. But it includes some very good roads!!

Also included is a good way to get from the east side of Branson to the west and avoid the worst of the traffic.

In the Branson area I had to make a quick detour, so Larry and Randy continued west on the above route. I was lucky enough to meet up with Larry on the way back to central Arkansas. He was stopped trying in vain to get cell signal. From the look of the southern sky it was obvious we were going to get wet before arriving home.

And we did, however it was a long but very good day of riding.:thumbup:

·
Registered
516 Posts
Great ride!
Thank you guys for getting out,
Its been a long winter and spring of snow and rain, I needed the therapy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great ride!
Thank you guys for getting out,
Its been a long winter and spring of snow and rain, I needed the therapy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad we were able to share some of the wind therapy from the Ozarks. Had a great day and it was good to visit with you again.

Reactions: revrunt

·
Registered
352 Posts
Yes indeed, a very good ride, I enjoyed it much!!! Good to ride some different for a change.
It was a good visit with Randy, hurry and get that retirement started buddy!!!:thumbup:

I was surprised to see Bob while checking out the weather...thought I was going to get wet all alone>:)

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
I put on 160.0 miles today, just to have a lunch.......

Ronnie

·
IronMan
17,639 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
https://goo.gl/maps/4MDAi6YX3oJvvize9
Bob... I see the map of the ride you posted and it looks like some of this planned route might be some of the same roads as I plan to ride. Hard to tell..
Anyhow... You ride this area a lot...
Would you please look at this map from Peel Ferry over to Bentonville Friday and back to HSV on Sat. . Is this route to travel OK or should I avoid some areas in the route?. Any Flooding problems? . Planning to leave HSV headed to Peel Ferry Fridam A>M> and overnight in Bentonville. Any fav. places to stay overnight in Bentonville. Super 8 OK?

Thanks.. Steve

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
https://goo.gl/maps/4MDAi6YX3oJvvize9
Bob... I see the map of the ride you posted and it looks like some of this planned route might be some of the same roads as I plan to ride. Hard to tell..
Anyhow... You ride this area a lot...
Would you please look at this map from Peel Ferry over to Bentonville Friday and back to HSV on Sat. . Is this route to travel OK or should I avoid some areas in the route?. Any Flooding problems? . Planning to leave HSV headed to Peel Ferry Fridam A>M> and overnight in Bentonville. Any fav. places to stay overnight in Bentonville. Super 8 OK?

Thanks.. Steve

Be glad to help in any way I can.

Looking at your route as you leave Peel Ferry ...

I think maybe I've been on highway 268 once several years ago. I really like staying on highway 125 until it junctions with highway 14 much better. If you can do that, I believe it will be a lot more fun.

I really like highway 14!:thumbup:

Highway 86 in Missouri from the junction of highway 65 until at least Blue Eye carries a lot of traffic on most days. I got to where I quit running it because of that. But looking at your destination it may be your only good choice. It would probably be too much out of your way to run up to highway 160.

The remainder of 86 is a nice road, not real twisty but a few nice curves.

I don't see any issues with the remainder of the route ... hope you enjoy the ride!!

I really don't know anything about motels in Bentonville? I can't help you with that .

Hope this helps ... Enjoy!!:thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts