GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 gl 1800 that has a miss a ilde and the throtle responce seems slow. I know this is not a 1500 but on it I could just let off of the clutch with no throtle and no problems with the 1800 it knocks and will go dead. The 1800 is fine at highway speeds this only happens at idle and starting off. I have changed the pulgs they all looked good

·
Registered
70 Posts
What is the idle speed?
Does the FI light work and is it on? It should light up as soon as you turn on the key and go out right after the bike is started.
Does it miss with the bike warm and cold?

Bill

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The idle speed is 700 rpm FI light comes on when key is cut in then goes off It misses warm or cold I also hear a ticking niose I think it is a injector and miss seems worse when noise gets louder

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I have a 2004 gl 1800 that has a miss a ilde and the throtle responce seems slow. I know this is not a 1500 but on it I could just let off of the clutch with no throtle and no problems with the 1800 it knocks and will go dead. The 1800 is fine at highway speeds this only happens at idle and starting off. I have changed the pulgs they all looked good
I would say you have a bad or dirty injector, try running a bottle of Techron through a tank, also I bet you do not run the bike close to red line, it need to be run sometimes, good luck

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Have you tried pulling one plug wire at a time while at idle? No change means you've found the bad one.... And that idle speed seems low, but if its not firing on all six, then it would be low...

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
I will try the spark plug what should it idle at
I don't have my book with me, but I seem to recall that my 02 idles at 850-900 or so...

When pulling plugs one at a time your looking for a no change in idle condition.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts