GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
That don't look so bad.
I've seen some guys doin the same thing on their Goldwing.

NOT :!:

Thanks for sharing. That ought to keep us on our toes.
Be careful out there.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Looks like a few to many boaring hours on the road :shock:

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
Must be a Houston metro driver. I think I've met this kind of highly focused individual over and in my lane a few times. It's good to see somebody having that much fun, but not while he cruisin down the ole two lane. :eek:4: :22yikes:

·
Registered
19,442 Posts
He should keep his day job

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
If someone had come on here and said that was CJS doing the musical I would have believed them until the end when the guy actually spoke. :lol:

Just how many Coronas would it take?? Judging from another film clip with CJS in it I really don't think it would be all that many... :lol: :lol:

Ross

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Did anyone notice that guy could be CJ's brother. They kind of look alike. LOL's

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
At about 1:45 in she calls him CJ! :shock: :lol:

·
Registered
463 Posts
rockin RV

I'm sorry but this really strikes a nerve with me. I feel this person is an excellant example of why there should be a special operators license for RV's similar to the CDL required to operate anything above 26000 pounds. These people do not realize the potential dangers they present. I have nothing against getting out and enjoying life, but it is like motorcycling, just because you can afford it don't mean you can ride it. The license factor should bear the same penalties as for commercial vehicle drivers. I carry a CDL and if I get stopped for a traffic violation, regardless of what I am operating, the fine is based on an 80,000 pound commercial vehicle. Example, if I get stopped for speeding on my bike, most states prohibit the fine being established right there. The ticket goes to the courts and my driving record is evaluated and the fine determined from such evaluation. This is the explanation I got from an officer and the same explanation has been given more thatn once. Maybe they are pulling my chain but in both cases my less than 10 over moving violation fine could not be established on the spot but after evaluation I got a letter in the mail stating the fine. Neither time was I in a big rig, once in a Limo, once on the wing. Just my experience and my feelings on the subject. Frank

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
fixitfrank,
This is one reason I posted this clip. If you read below the clip on the comments section most seem to support this guy having a grand ol' time doing his kareoke behind the wheel while traveling the roads. Now granted, the speed limit within most national parks is 45 mph but at one point his wife points out he is running off the shoulder of the road. While he is comical and I may have been guilty of some "air guitar" moves myself at some point, doing so for so long behind the wheel was scary for me to watch! I don't agree with all your points about licensing and RVs since we are RVers (but Marc actually has a CDL), but this was purely beyond the safety limits I thought.

Now, CJ, are you sure you're not a "closet RVer"?? :D Everyone and their brother on this board seems to recognize you!

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
That's nice to be able to have fun like that but it only takes one poorly timed incident like a tire blowout or something else inexpertly to happen to get people in trouble.
How about a highway patrolman coming from the opposite direction that saw him acting that way. The HP may not think it was so funny.

I think we've all done something silly while driving but that one was a little extreme I think.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
until he ran off the road I didn't think it was extreme at all. Shoot, I've been driving normally and run off the road a little.

David M.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts