GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Escapade trailer was pelted to death by rocks from my 2012 wing on the last tour. I had the bra removed, and didn't think about it until it was too late.

So now I am having the trailer match painted to my new Wing. I will replace the bra, and that will help, but I believe that after it is painted, I will return to Line-X and have them put a thick layer of bed liner across the nose, under the bra.

Does anyone make a mud flap that i can add to the bike, to minimize rocks kicking up from the rear tire?

Joe

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I will be making my own (again). I got a pair of rectangle duelly truck mudflaps for cheap several years ago. They were 1/4 inch thick rubber that I cut down to the shape I wanted and put mounting brackets on it. My 2010, the mudflap hooks over the pin and bolts in place with the receiver stabilizer bolt. It is also between the tire and the hitch, so no interference with chains. I cannot do that exact mount with the Bushtec hitch on the 2018, the stabilizer bolt is on the wrong side. But there are a couple of holes I can put a bracket to hold what I cut from the second rectangle. Cardboard makes for good template material. I have plenty of that right now as I have been making WingStuff rather happy........

·
Registered
440 Posts
In the new brochure of Goldstrike, which link was posted on this site, they also showed a black rear fender extender I am also interested in.

This brochure included a lot of new accessories like ring of fire for front rotors, several chrome frame and engine covers, exiting accessories now in black instead of chrome etc.

Unfortunally I can not locate the link to this Goldstrike brochure and the Ciro Goldstrike webpage does not provide this brochure either. Some of the blacked out parts and the engine covers are now in some of the Goldwing vendors ordering list, and some other are expected in the May 2019 timeframe.

Reactions: Goldstrike3d

·
Vendor
117 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,543 Posts
Hello fellow Gold Wing riders!

We have a Rear Fender Extension Kit with Fender Filler Strips coming out soon! Our design is meant to be trimmed to fit around the hitch.

Here is the link to it on our NEW website:
https://goldstrike3d.com/products/goldstrike-rear-fender-extension-kit-with-fender-filler-strips

Let us know if you have any questions, we're happy to help.
I really like this fender extender..but..I just don't see how it will work with a trailer hitch...if you notch the extender to fit around trailer hitch tongue then you will have to leave the trailer hitch tongue in place all the time or the extender won't look so good with the notch cut out showing. I take my trailer hitch tongue off the bike when the trailer isn't being used.

I think the fender extender will look pretty good on a wing that doesn't have a trailer hitch....but not so good on a wing that does have a hitch.

·
Vendor
117 Posts
I really like this fender extender..but..I just don't see how it will work with a trailer hitch...if you notch the extender to fit around trailer hitch tongue then you will have to leave the trailer hitch tongue in place all the time or the extender won't look so good with the notch cut out showing. I take my trailer hitch tongue off the bike when the trailer isn't being used.

I think the fender extender will look pretty good on a wing that doesn't have a trailer hitch....but not so good on a wing that does have a hitch.
We really wanted to keep style in mind as we developed our extension. It is driven by the body lines already found on the rear fender, and tucks in to hug the rear tire. When installed you can hardly see it visually, but will definitely appreciate the extra protection from its 5” of length and 10” of width. In reviewing the assortment of receiver style trailer hitches already out on the market, we found their installed locations to all vary slightly. To accommodate these locations we intend for our extension to be modified by the installer for a custom fit around their hitch. To help facilitate this we designed in an array of pre-defined score lines which can be easily cut with a standard utility knife, only removing what is necessary to clear the installed hitch. The extender can then be folded open at the split to remove your hitch tongue. Due to the angle at which the extender is mounted on the bike, the modified area is out of normal view angles; but still maintains the majority of its protection.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts