GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been talking to the guys at Wing Bling for a while. They had a booth at Biketoberfest with their unique paint process and they were doing a lot of GL1800 and 1500 stuff.

I had him do 2 parts from our Suzuki. I think the process is awesome.

His website is: http://www.mywingbling.com

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
:shock: 8)

Hal,
I like the way yer thinkin' there but the "chromer mafia" wouldn't agree. :wink: Nice bumblebee look to it, are those for the M109 ?? Pics after mountin' them would be great. :wink:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well my bike has a problem. In the first two pics its the second bike from the left. The last photo is after the painted body work was installed. The first photo was about 10AM Monday and the finished pics are about 1PM Monday.

So in 3 hours I got a custom paint job that was very unexpected.

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
I saw this process on a bike this passed weekend.

UGLY!!!

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Hal, are the parts "textured" or smooth? Do they completely cover the factory color or is this a stencil type thing? I really like some of the samples on their web site.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Closetchef said:
Hal, are the parts "textured" or smooth? Do they completely cover the factory color or is this a stencil type thing? I really like some of the samples on their web site.
I don't know the actual process but it completely covers the stock paint and it appears to be shinier. It looks like the yellow is the new base coat as there is a little yellow overspray on the back side.

His real specialty is GL1800 trim parts. He has a burled walnut that is perfect for a GL1800 dash area.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Some awesome finishes! Probably at an awesome price too. I could turn mine into a 'Woody' with wood grain on the side/rear of the bags, fairing and rear of trunk.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
You know it's going to be pricey when they don't post costs. :)

Some nice finishes. I'd love to see some in person.

Dep

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
At Daytona Biketoberfest they sold out of a lot of the pieces they brought with them. Once you see it in person on a bike you realize how nice it is.

·
Registered
839 Posts
They were at wing ding and at a couple other rally's after that.

I had the chance to talked to him about doing some different colors.

Problem that I brought up is that if you have a dark bike then you can't see the paturns in the paint, because the patterns are done in black. He is going to look at using silver or white along with the black to bring out the patterns on darker bikes.

They are nice, real nice. Price is resonable about the same cost as the kurykan products.

They are smooth, really good paint jobs.

If you own yellow or white or even silver they look great.

·
Thirsty Member
2,579 Posts
It's good looking stuff. I went to buy a new dash panel from them at WOTS, but then found out that they needed my old dash in exchange. I told them that I had two holes in it from my Powerlet outlets, and lost the deal because they wanted to add too much to the price without my core exchange.

As Hal said...........it is some pretty cool stuff, and no two are exactly alike.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Hedo..just curious, what color were you getting and how much were they asking with the swap out?

Dep

·
Registered
126 Posts
I bought a dash for my 05 1800. It is the yellow marbled pattern that Hal had made for his Suzuki. It was $240.00 along with my factory dash. It included the key recess and the speaker covers painted as well. The cool part is if you look closely enough at the pattern it has a bumble bee.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
They were at Honda Homecoming. Finish on the parts looked very good, this is definitely paint work not decals. They are a bit pricey but then again so are the color matched panels from color matched Road Trip Essentials.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Hal @ Honda DirectLine said:
Hmmmm, new paint job for a new Triumph Tigger??? Do they do it in multiple colors?? Make mine Orange! :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts