GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to everyone and I hope a happy new year to go play in. LOL I got my dash painted and back on bike now to remove the Aqua shields and replace the broken fog lights and get the rubber mats removed lost one, and paint with bed liner instead of glued on mats. I am also removing the chrome lower cover and replacing it with a painted one, in yellow of course. I put over 12000 miles on the trike sense I had it done. I ride in pain all the time going to try somethings to take the pressure off my knees and hip. Maybe even a different bike like a twin. I can ride my son's nighttrain all day without pain. :coffee1:

·
Registered
728 Posts
Hi to everyone and I hope a happy new year to go play in. LOL I got my dash painted and back on bike now to remove the Aqua shields and replace the broken fog lights and get the rubber mats removed lost one, and paint with bed liner instead of glued on mats. I am also removing the chrome lower cover and replacing it with a painted one, in yellow of course. I put over 12000 miles on the trike sense I had it done. I ride in pain all the time going to try somethings to take the pressure off my knees and hip. Maybe even a different bike like a twin. I can ride my son's nighttrain all day without pain. :coffee1:
What seat u riding?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What seat u riding?
I have a Corbin on it right now it's heated. Also have a Hartco and the stock seat. It's not the seat but the wide engine that forces me to ride with knees bent at 90 deg. putting feet on hyw pegs is of little help. But the wide engine forces them to far out. My son's Harley has forward controls and I thought my leg was out straight but I took it for a ride and I still have to bend the knees just not as much. Plus I'm not having to spreed my feet so far out. I triked the wing thinking it would help. Not. Taking the stock foot pegs off and putting my feet on Agu shield helps a little, not much at lest I can move them around a little more again wide engine limits movement. But it causes more missed shifts esp to second gear. :coffee1:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts