GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have made the move from sport bike to Goldwing world, I just purchased a 2007 GL1800 Goldwing. I was pleasantly surprised at how smooth & quite this machine is, well done Honda! looking to do some touring & see some sites! may i ask what would be the best tires to put on this machine? is there any thing I should look out for? thank you all.

·
GL1800 Doctor
19,895 Posts
Welcome to the board, I also vote for the Stones, they may not give you as many highway miles, but they are good and sticky in the corners.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Welcome to the forum and Goldwings.

Bridgestones are good and what runs on the front of mine ...

Good luck.

Donnie

·
Registered
4,684 Posts
I wouldn't have anything other than an Dunlop Elite4. The center has a harder compound for more miles and softer on sides for better grip when leaning into curves. I've also ridden through very heavy rain on interstate without any concerns.

·
Premium Member
1,699 Posts
Welcome from SE Idaho!!! Bridgestone 709 front and 704 rear are a winning combination..............................oooorrrrrrrrrrrrrr, there's always those wonky car tires for the rear. ;) Ride safe and keep the shiny side up.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Welcome to the GW world. While I miss my FJR1300, my 2003 Wing is still quite nimble as you will continue to find. But I must say . . .

Ride on brother🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘

·
Registered
230 Posts
I tour a lot and pull a trailer E-4 works best and last the longest for me.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Don't want to throw a monkey wrench into this thread but the best tire combo for me any many others on this forum is the BS 709 on the front and BS driveguard on the rear, yep a car tire. Visit the Darkside forum for some interesting FACTS about CTs. Just saying

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

·
Canuck
2,813 Posts
I don't recall reading a tire thread where not one person got angry or upset, started name calling, and so on. Rather refreshing. Nice to see. I thought I'd add an additional two cents. Many use dyna beads or Centramatic balancers. Smoother ride, longer tire life.

Secondly is tire pressure. There is no right answer to this, although many people do NOT follow the manual's recommendation of 36f/41r. I was at a rally many years ago where Bridgestone techs an Dunlop techs were present. Both recommended 42f/42r. I've been doing that ever since.

Oh, FWIW, I've run Dunlop E4's for my last couple of sets of tires, but I'm now switching back to Bridgestones. Didn't care for the E4's in tar snakes. I'll take better traction in lieu of greater mileage.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts