GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As Shooter Indy spoke of before, I reversed the left and right kury drivers peg. With using my kickshifter, this allowed me more room to downshift and also allowed enoguh room in between the rear shifter drivers peg to allow heel of boot to pass thru.

I am going to keep it this way even thou it took some getting use too for the right foot and brake lever. I have mine set a notch or 2 higher than stock so this way when I press the rear brakes I have no problems in them working. Even the Honda Mechanic liked this setup better.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Steve,

I had to adjust my brake pedal several times to find the 'right' setting. I have the Kuryakyn brake. When it was set one notch higher than the punch mark it was a little to high for me. I had to angle my foot to the side to miss the brake when riding. I set it back to the stock location...slot centered on the punch mark...then it was level with the peg...my foot could rest squarely on the peg and not touch the brake lever. However I was concerned it would be difficult to fully apply the brake because it seemed a little low. After a test ride I determined that it worked fine and the stock location was best for me. (Don't go by this pic on the location...I think this is a before picture.)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts