GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:idea:
:idea:
At your local Target store for 30 dollars.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought this for my buddy

but you know what they say.
Sometimes the little guy wins, like David and ............. :yes: :eek:

·
Registered
320 Posts
He does look like a good little dog though....would he be what you would call a "Pack-Rat"? :lol:

I would always be turning around making sure he was still there if on the bike. What about a head bubble on the back of the trunk....a see through gun turret type of set up.....now that would be cool. :lol:

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
This one looks like it will work...I strap my Yorkie's airline bag into the back seat...
when she's not in her pouch:

·
Registered
126 Posts
I realize alot of you like to travel with your animals. What happens to the dog in the unfortunate event of an accident?? Better yet how much restriction does the across the chest papoose create??? How bad is the front end wobble when you have a critter wriggling around to get comfy across yuor chest??

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Brokeneggyolk said:
I realize alot of you like to travel with your animals. What happens to the dog in the unfortunate event of an accident??
This seem to be a mute point, given that most of us carry someone a hell of a lot more dear to us than a friggn' pet :roll:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Texas Black Bird said:
Brokeneggyolk said:
I realize alot of you like to travel with your animals. What happens to the dog in the unfortunate event of an accident??
This seem to be a mute point, given that most of us carry someone a hell of a lot more dear to us than a friggn' pet :roll:
err.... a MOOT point is not silent.

http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/moot

·
Registered
179 Posts
I made a harness for mine and is held by 3 straps !

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
IFLY, my Yorkie would love to sit like that!

but I think she is too small and probably better off inside the bag when I go for a longer ride. I use the pouch for short rides. either way, she's just happy to go...she gets all excited when I get out my boots and even if I can't bring her with me, I have to take her for a ride around the neighborhood before I go...I've been bringing her on longer and longer rides in preparation for the trip to Kissimmee in March.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Elk Man said:
[quote="Texas Black Bird":11weyq5d]
Brokeneggyolk said:
Ditto[/quote:11weyq5d]

Not entirely true that it's a moot point. While you're right about the relative value of the cargo I would submit that in the event of an accident, thinking about what happens to the dog could cause a rider or more likely a co-rider to try to protect the pet as they're going down. This at a time when they should be thinking about protecting themselves.

I know my co-rider would let herself fall in a position that could cause herself greater harm to avoid falling on the dog.

Thus, the dog stays home.

·
Registered
126 Posts
It really isnt a mute point. The animal is more or less trapped(confined to the bike) . In the event of sliding at some point you will be clear of the bike. The animal will not be. In the event of an accident the animal may panic become dislodged from his harness partially. The animal could get drug along the asphalt or fall under the bike as it is going down. How humane does this sound to you??? To each his own I guess.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't have to worry about the dog issue thing

I'm not allowed :shock:

But IF I had an opinion :cry: I would rather see a petowner and pet enjoying each other no matter where they are. Leaving an animal locked up in a house, pen, etc is cruel.

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
Kneedragger is right..leaving my Kali behind is most upsetting to her. She goes EVERYWHERE with me...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.