GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I have to change my rr tire away from home. Tire developed a large bubble on the sidewall. If I lay it over to remove the wheel, should I be concerned about the oil going places it shouldn't. It will probably be laid over for a couple of hours. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi All, I have to change my rr tire away from home. Tire developed a large bubble on the sidewall. If I lay it over to remove the wheel, should I be concerned about the oil going places it shouldn't. It will probably be laid over for a couple of hours. Thanks in advance.
no problem

·
Registered
989 Posts
You mean CT's get bubbles?

Make sure you don't have a full tank of gas...as little as possible. I dont' change the tire that way but I am pretty sure I have read this...I use the Center stand method.

·
Registered
7 Posts
center stand

If you don't have the audio package just put it on the center stand and take it off. If you have the audio package it may take a little longer...:lol:

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
rear tire change

I've done it both ways. It is much easier to lay it over, if you know how and can pick it up. I like to find a grassy knoll to lay it into. After it's on it's side pull out the center stand and clear enough angle to get the tire out. Try to have less than a 1/2 tank of gas. I've never had any issue with oil. Good luck with the change.

Richard

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I do have an amp and a hitch and not many tools. I also have over a half tank, but I can fix that.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
ease it over on a few thick blankets and you are good to go I did it a few months ago only down side is I smelled antifreeze for a week after
That's definitely laid over.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts