GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a new 2019 Goldwing Tour DCT a week ago. Best bike I've ever owned and I've put almost 1700 miles on it in just 1 week. Today I was looking at both of my fobs and noticed that only one of the fobs has the metal key inserted in the fob, the other fob has no metal key inserted into it.

So my question for those 2019 owners who received 2 fobs when they took delivery of their Goldwings, do both of your fobs have the metal keys inserted in the fobs, or does just one of the fobs have the metal key?

·
Registered
2019 GL1800
73 Posts
I thought I had two keys, plus the large extra key that does not fit in the fob. A couple months ago I noticed that only had one fob key and assumed I lost the other one. I bought two more fob keys. Now I have more than enough.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Mine only came with one key in one fob the other fob has no key. There is also a "loose" key that wont fit in either fob. Mine of course has these keys and no locks to put them in because its a trike...

·
Registered
466 Posts
I got 2 fobs and two loose keys. One key was long. The other could be installed in either of the fobs.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
That key is not easy to pop out so if it’s missing, it came from the dealer like that! Go back to them for another key . . .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts