GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been answered before, but sometimes the search engine just doesn't like me..

After reading all the mountains of info on here, (Thanks Bubba1), I'm going to break down and spend the big buck on some skivies :?... however, I read most buy the tights over the shorts. What is the advantage of one over the other?
Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Lower leg protection from engine heat. Helps to keep the lower legs warmer during winter riding.

I have both. Wore the shorts once or twice, but once I tried the tights I never went back. The shorts have been hanging in the closet for the past two years.

·
Registered
126 Posts
shorts

I didn't buy tights, so I can't do a comparison. But the shorts are great in summer. The leg cuffs are made so they don't slide up your thighs like most boxer-brief type underwear. I wear them under Olympia Airglide pants and it's a great combo:thumbup:

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the LD stuff.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
I have both and cannot fathom how anyone can wear the tights in warm weather. I only wear them in cold weather. I have the shorts and they are too hot for me in the Summer, I wear them in cool weather.

I wear nylon swim trunks under my riding suit during the Summer. I ride with Olympia airglide during the Summer and Gerbings pants for cool/cold weather.

Finding what works right for you is a on going process... I've been riding for years and still trying different things.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts