GL1800Riders Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have posted this bike for sale before and NO ONE has even made an offer. Its been kinda disappointing to say the least. I'm like everyone else, I would like to recover as much of my money as possible, but I know there comes a time when you have to look past what you have spent and just take what you can get. I am over the RIDING and I don't want to renew license plates and insurance anymore. I think $10,000 is a more than reasonable price for this bike. IF YOU THINK DIFFERENTLY, MAKE AN OFFER.
I sold the trailer to a really nice guy in Texas. I hope he is as pleased with it as I was. I wish him many happy smiles in the future.

The bike is a Caliente Red GL1800 HPNA - Premium Audio/Comfort/Nav/ABS/TPMS. It has 43,194 miles on it and I have not ridden it since late Feb, but I have been starting it about every 2 weeks and letting it run until the fans come on. I have an abundance of extras that I'm willing to let go with the bike at NO extra charge. I will list a few here, there really is TOO much to list.

Original (2) Keys with number tag. (3) spare keys, plus a (radio knob key) for the front pocket.
Original (2) Trunk remotes.
A Service manual w/Electrical Trouble Shooting
Nelson-Rigg Full Sized Cover. Like NEW, never put away wet.
Kuryakyn 1/2 cover, like new, never put away wet.
1 X-LG N-41 w/shield (also 1 NEW shield Replacement) This helmet is well worn, is wearable, but should probably be thrown away.
1 SM Nolan Helmet w/shield (wife's) still in good condition.
Both helmets have Sena SMH10D-11 Bluetooth headsets.
Kuryakyn ISO Wing Driver Foot Pegs
Kuryakyn ISO Wing Highway Pegs
Passenger Highway Foot Rest and Floorboards (don't remember the MFG)
Front Fork Brace (don't remember the MFG)
2 (17210-MCA-A60) Honda Air Filters
2 (15410-MFJ-D01) Honda Oil Filters
1 All-Balls Stearing Bearings and Seal Kit # 22-51381
Craftsman 3/4 ton Motorcycle jack #50190 (If I don't sell it before someone buys the bike)
Spare rear wheel (with CT mounted on it)
Extra Non-heated factory seat
Several pieces of Gerbing OLD sytle Heated clothing and (2) Old style Dual-Heat Controllers
A 32"Wide x 19"Deep Stainless Steel carrier w/lights that mounts via a Bushtec receiver (carry approx 50 LBS)

THIS IS NOT A COMPLETE LIST OF EXTRAS
http://s61.photobucket.com/user/goldwingnut/library/2010 Gl1800 HPNA

Attachments

·
Registered
478 Posts
Based on the name of the photo, it looks like a 2010.

·
Registered
869 Posts
his signature says it is a 2010 and it seems like a pretty decent price to me... If I were in the market, I would be looking at it, especially since he lives in TN like me (close location)...

Reactions: jsrinhsv

·
Registered
794 Posts
I agree that the price seems very fair. I suppose depending on the flooded market there might have to be an adjustment. However, it does seem fair. :serious: :wink2:

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
It is a 2010. Price is NOT firm, if you want it, make an offer. I'm ready to SELL.
I know Farkles don't mean anything when you are selling, but when you have to buy them, yes they mean $$$. I have seen a dealer remove farkles and throw them in the dumpster because he said the next buyer would buy more.

·
Registered
657 Posts
2010. With abs < 50000.miles... $ 10000 IS a good price. I have a 2009 with 75000 and I would no sell for$10M . ABS equip. 2009 and 2010 are not flooded on the market and they are few on the market.

·
Registered
496 Posts
They are taking longer to sell not flooded. Market is flooded with non ABS bikes. Lots of us will only buy an ABS bike. With a lot of advertising it will sell. Hoping a lot of these 2018&19 bikes are ABS when I’m looking in a couple years. That Rootbeer Tour looks really nice. Good luck.
Dan

Reactions: jsrinhsv

·
IronMan
17,638 Posts
Put on ebay and include there fees in what you'll take in lowest price ive sold couple things on there "big market" and people who look usually in market good luck do cash or paypal ive done paypal bike was going to egypt no problem

·
Registered
5,908 Posts
It is a 2010. Price is NOT firm, if you want it, make an offer. I'm ready to SELL.
I know Farkles don't mean anything when you are selling, but when you have to buy them, yes they mean $$$. I have seen a dealer remove farkles and throw them in the dumpster because he said the next buyer would buy more.
I think the high vis color is hurting your sale. Also put your wing for sale as many places as you can ,
Craigslist
Ebay
Offer up
Face book
Thease are free sites or
Cycle Trader
Ebay paid area
And with your no offer comment uaslly means to high of a ask price or soft market. Either one unfortunately means the same thing too high a price you say 10000 or make an offer so you'll probably take 9200 and 9200 sounds a lot better ass than 10,000 so I might do a starting price at 8900 and you'll probably get some action course you going to get some low ballers but you going to have to weed through the woods sort of speak to find your little diamond in the rough good luck and I would edit this tread to be a for sale for sales not letting anybody know you not getting any hits

·
Administrator
3,725 Posts
I think your bike is a good deal! It is a low mileage ABS Wing with several good accessories. I was considering it myself but an even more desirable Wing became available. If you can hang on to it for a while the right buyer will come along. If you want to sell quickly you might have to reduce the price. Anyway, it will make someone who appreciates ABS a good buyl

Bump for a good deal.

Glen

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Reduced price to $8500

Attachments

·
Registered
657 Posts
The 2010 is a great model year. Super bike...................Your GW is a good deal at 10M. at $8500 new buyer can get it serviced from top to bottom and still walk away with a steal.

·
Registered
210 Posts
If someone does a fly and ride, can all of the addition items be carried on the bike?

Bump

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I removed the HONDA name plate from the front and rear, hairdryer and dental floss.

There is currently a potential sale in progress.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.