6. Better traction in dry.
7. Better traction in wet.
8. Better traction in snow/slush.
9. Better performance on dirt/gravel.
10. Better traction when braking.
11. Smoother ride.
12. Higher load capacity.
13. Capable of higher PSI.
14. Capable of performing with lower PSI.
15. Runs at lower tire temperature.
16. Costs less.
17. Better balanced (fewer weights required, if any at all)
18. It looks way cooler than that skinny OEM MC tire.
19. The more we ride on a CT, the more it bothers the naysayers.
20. You can buy a 195/55/16 or a 205/55/16 almost any where tires are sold. Might not be a RUN FLAT. But a tire to get on down the road.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
20 good reasons!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Eddie,

I've got some bad news.

I was going to try a car tire on my bike and bought a TripleTred 205/55-16 tire. After receipt of the tire, I read every marking and every letter on both sides of the tire, as well as, the invoice and I can't see where it says "Car Tire" anywhere on any of it. It just says "tire". How the he11 am I going to get someone to flame me if I can't prove I'm on a car tire??? I'm pi$$ed. And to think that I read today that a "car tire" is safer. Just barely missed out on that one. Maybe next time.

I got the BT-45 in today. I'm so close to double-dark, I can taste it. Which begs the question, if a fellow puts a BT-45 on the front, technically, is he on the dark side?

I saw the thread today with the pictures of the cross-section of a MC tire & rim and a CT & rim. I don't know what kind of car tire was pictured but it sure a he11 isn't a TripleTred. I hope that wasn't a good MC rim they sawed up...if so, they need a good swift kick in the pants for destroying good parts over such a lame attempt. I'm afraid that it will soon be revealed that a CT on a motorcycle is the root cause for global warming...I mean global climate change.

Frankly, I don't understand the crusade for those to save us from ourselves. People like that weird me out...Besides, whatever happened to good ole natural selection? Maybe I've been under a rock but I didn't realize there was that much tension between those that do and those that don't. I don't understand their agenda. I saw one that said "When Honda puts them on at the factory...". WTF? If Honda uses a phillips head screw on a bike, it doesn't mean that a socket head cap screw won't work better doing the same job. There are still men in the world that can make their own decisions based on their knowledge/experience and others need someone to tell them what to do or what not to do. How many products are rolling up and down the road on bikes that were originally labeled "for offroad use only". Would these same people avoid these products?

I wonder how an Owner"s Manual would really read if there was no such thing as lawyers.

Z

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
reason number 21: The sheer entertainment value of listening to the escalation of pressure just before another impenetrable head explodes...

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
I just might throw a CT on the Ultra. Considering a Dunlop SP5000 195/60 NRF, or a Hankook Optimo H426 in the same size.....or maybe a Dunlop Wintersport RFT in 175/60.......

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tims,
That is a very true post and a good one which all are coming from you. I have a what I thought was a good friend that belongs to GWRRA and since I went Darkside he has been well less say STANDOFFISH? Who would have thought me running a BMT would have this type of outcome. My money,I did the research for over a year,My choice. WTH?

·
Registered
624 Posts
Eddie,

Thanks for your list. I am a GWRRA member, and I will still be your friend. I was the first member of the local chapter to install a CT. When I first mentioned it, some of the "more experienced" members advised against it, or looked at me like I was a complete idiot! :eek:4:

Well, now there are three of us running BMT's and at least two others saying they are trying a CT when their MT wears out. :thumbup:

Keep smiling and defeat the ignorance.

Mike

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I just might throw a CT on the Ultra. Considering a Dunlop SP5000 195/60 NRF, or a Hankook Optimo H426 in the same size.....or maybe a Dunlop Wintersport RFT in 175/60.......
Give it a shot. I really think you'll be impressed.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Would "peace of mind" be a good reason??

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Z, never fear, plenty will take the time to tell you how dumb you are. I have had pleny of "experts" tell me everything from it just won't work, to you can't lean. I just smile and go on.

Congrats on the TT. Have you had a chance to try it? I don't know if the 205 would be for me, but am not putting together a slabmaster either LOL

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
Give it a shot. I really think you'll be impressed.

Of course, the amount of tires available is mind boggling.

I know that other HD owners have been using a 195/60. But, there are no RunFlats available in that size.

So......is there are problem with going with a NRF tire? Or, do I opt for a run flat and then have to buy a 55 series tire? If I go that route, are there any pros/cons between a 60 and a 55?

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Of course, the amount of tires available is mind boggling.

I know that other HD owners have been using a 195/60. But, there are no RunFlats available in that size.

So......is there are problem with going with a NRF tire? Or, do I opt for a run flat and then have to buy a 55 series tire? If I go that route, are there any pros/cons between a 60 and a 55?

Your choice, does your Ultra use a 180 65? If so the 195 60 is going to be the closer of the two. I use one and so far love it. I do like it better to this point than the FR I used, although the RF wasn't something I wouldn't run again. In fact in a pinch it would be a no brainer to use it and run it till done. The NRF in the 195 60 version is a little lighter, neutral, and more responsive. It doesn't search as much and just feels better to me.
Like I said though, the Kumho was no slouch and I would run it again in a skinny minute. It was good, but the 195 60 is better at least for me.

Check it out, you will probably like it.

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
Your choice, does your Ultra use a 180 65? If so the 195 60 is going to be the closer of the two. I use one and so far love it. I do like it better to this point than the FR I used, although the RF wasn't something I wouldn't run again. In fact in a pinch it would be a no brainer to use it and run it till done. The NRF in the 195 60 version is a little lighter, neutral, and more responsive. It doesn't search as much and just feels better to me.
Like I said though, the Kumho was no slouch and I would run it again in a skinny minute. It was good, but the 195 60 is better at least for me.

Check it out, you will probably like it.

Thnx.....based on feedback from other folks, I will most likely go with the Dunlop SP5000 195/60

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
And the number one reason is......... It will help the family out with the life insurance claim. Because when you crash and burn (and we all know you will) it will look like an accident and not the suicide mission it is!!! BWAHAHAHAHA....:joke:.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
There you Darksiders go again! Using logic and going against the all knowing tire engineers!:lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
Tims,
That is a very true post and a good one which all are coming from you. I have a what I thought was a good friend that belongs to GWRRA and since I went Darkside he has been well less say STANDOFFISH? Who would have thought me running a BMT would have this type of outcome. My money,I did the research for over a year,My choice. WTH?

Sounds like you were a better friend than he was.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts