GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting winter started with 70 degree days. Couldn't be better for a bike ride. Did Push mountain today, this is the payoff at the end, The View Crossing the White River.
Sky Natural landscape Road surface Asphalt Highland

·
IronMan
18,735 Posts
BEAUTIFUL AREA

Reactions: gwhobo

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Great photo. I was chuckling a bit because some knucklehead had to build a house right on the side of that pretty hill and ruin it.

Driving from Charlotte to Chattanooga last week I noticed a house or three on top of every pretty vista. The thing is, that vista is pretty, but the guy living on it has a view of... the highway I'm driving on!

Reactions: gwhobo

·
Registered
560 Posts
Lucky me, I was fortunate enough to get away and catch up with Larry for a couple half day rides to explore some new roads for me in south central MO.
If you haven’t been, the 50 mile stretch on Missouri route 106 east out of Summerville was spectacular (hilly with sweeper turns), along with some other routes in the area, I’m looking forward to returning next year.
Thx Larry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[email protected] Randy, glad you could join me. We had a great ride and I enjoyed the visit. Some wonderful roads in the Missouri Ozarks.

One of our stops was at this old General Store in Bixby. It's been in continuous operation since 1906 and used to serve as a railroad stop and post office.
Sky Motor vehicle Automotive tire Building Asphalt

Then of course there is the mandatory stop in Ponca on the lonely ride home. 830 miles in December with 70 degree days is a treat.
Tire Wheel Flag Plant Automotive tire

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I succumbed to the lure of unseasonal warm temps yesterday and took my Vmax out for a brisk 220 mile jaunt through some MO/AR ozarks myself. My Honda is still sitting in the shop - badly in need of a new front tire. I have the tire, but can't seem to find the time to change it out. LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts