GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Vendor
17,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know many can relate when I say that a Wing talks to you. My first one, an '89 did, my '04 never did, and my current one, an '07, has always talked to me in a quiet way from day one. My '04 was a ghost shifter and my '07 too until recent.

Now my '07 has attitude and has turned into a screemer. As in this bike has neve been the bike it wanted to be until now. It knows it is heading to WingDing via the Gap. I've rode it there before, but always with fear of it shifting out at a bad moment. Today I was running a green light in 2nd at a steady 3000 rpms and expecting an upshift. Before I could not do that without a constant worry and riding a Wing I can't reley on. But I can now and my Wing know it, and it is screeming at me to ride it like it wants to be ridden. Every mile, every shift, every situation where I used to ride in fear are getting errased. The bad memories of dangerous ghost shiffting moments are being replaced. I love this bike and always knew it was special, and it is finally able to prove that to me.

Today I retorqued the swing arm to get rid of any a** end wallow. The steering head is tight and suspension is fresh (all OEM with new frt springs), and with new hoops. The gears are undercut so no matter what, it will not shift out on me ... no matter what. Unless you have a ghost shifter, and the gears corrected by undercutting them, you will never know how reassuring that is. It no longer ghost shifts and wants to prove it. The desire to run the Dragon hard left long ago, but my Wing now has attitude, and I'm going to let it express itself. I can truly, unconditionally trust every shift ... every shift and that is a great feeling to be releived of the constant worry and distrust. This Wing now screems at me to ride it, and ride it hard. This Wing is really is a special Wing.

It also knows that its not towing anything, not carrying a co-rider, no cooler on the back. Just me, my Wing, and a duffle bag. Its favorite way of travel.

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Have a great time!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts