GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that many Goldwing riders are service connected in one way or another. A show of solidarity and support for our troops with dignity and respect starts this Friday -- and continues each and every Friday until the tr oops all come home, sending a deafening message that ... every red-blooded

American who supports our men and women afar, will wear
something red.

By word of mouth, press, TV -- let's make the United States on every Friday a sea of red much like a homecoming football game in the bleachers. If every one of us who loves this country will share this with acquaintances, coworkers, friends, and family, it will not be long before the USA is covered in RED and it will let our troops know the once "silent" majority is on their side more than ever, certainly more than the
media lets on.

The first thing a soldier says when asked "What can we do to make things
better for you?" is ..."We need your support and your prayers." Let's get the word out and lead with class and dignity, by example, and wear
something red every Friday.

I'm not saying that I fully support the war, but I do support the troops.

Dale,
Retired USAF MSgt

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am hopefull that most americans support the troops - I understand that there are many issues with why they are there and should they be there at all.
I am with ya on the show of support for the working men and women of the US military - Its the management of this group of fine individuals that is the question in most americans minds.

I will be wearing red every friday - Till there all home and praying for the loved ones that are waiting for them.

Jim

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Me too Jim. I just looked in the closet, and I only own 1 red shirt. Guess I need to pick up a red goldwing shirt or jersey.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
I'm a 100% disabled Vietnam Veteran. I have always supported the troops no matter where they are, but not necessarily what they are doing.

I don't support the reason they are there or the people who put them there.

I've got a Red Harley Davidson t-shirt, will that do?

·
Registered
657 Posts
Kikker

That's alright Kikker, the guys and gals that I directly work for are still over here defending your right to not like the reason we are here or for those who put us here.
Just please don't forget the barracks of Beirut, Khobar Towers, USS Cole, assorted night clubs, train stations, airports, embassies, innocent people who have been killed, maimed, wounded or kidnapped by these idiot yahoos, oh yeah, and the Twin Towers of NY, that is why we are over here so it doesn't happen again where you are.
Dennis

·
Registered
703 Posts
I've already started wearing red. My spouse got me doing this sometime back.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Dennis, THANK YOU and your buddies for the service you are giving to our country.

In no way do I believe Kikker meant to disrespect ya'll or your mission in Afganistan. Ya'll are trying to do something about the terrorists who have attacked us in the past.

I think he was refering to Iraq and the removal of Hussein. To us back home, it appears that we are in one heck of a mess in Irag. I don't know the answer and I am sorry to say that a lot more blood will be shed before the answer is found.

NEVER, NEVER doubt that we in the USA have doubts about our troops! We love each and every one of you and pray for ya'll daily.

Once again--THANK YOU !! :flg:

Dwight

·
Registered
393 Posts
For the ultimate payment of Respect to those who pay the ultimate in price, go to www.patriotguard.org and see what some are doing to support the troops. I ask all motorcyclists to do the right thing. Take action if you do support our troops.

John

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I have always supported our men and women of the armed services.

My son is a Marine who is headed for the Sandbox in February, so the word "support our troops" means more to me than ever.

I recently bought a shirt that says, "If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them".

That pretty much says it all for me.

Dep

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
I too support our young men and women who are protecting our country..
and I am damm proud to be an AMERICAN...

cosmic

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
John, sending you a PM.

Dep

·
Registered
2 Posts
Red Friday for our troops.

Dale, it's great that you really respect the job that our troops are doing and you don't mind sharing this thought with others. God Bless our troops and thanks for the 'Red idea".

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
"The rally grew out of the Wear Red Fridays campaign started last spring by family members of soldiers from CFB Petawawa who are serving overseas. The idea is to encourage people to wear red on Fridays as a show of support for Canadian forces"

Here's the CBC link:
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/ottawa/story/2006/09/22/wear-red-rally.html

A good idea that is easy to support and ought to be non-political.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts