GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the Killboy.com crew.

Look MA...I don't need to stinkin ridin gear...

According to Darryl, they're OK. Just a few scratches and bruises. And the fame of making the highlights reel.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Looked a little smug in the 1st pic; but that all changed mighty quick. Rider to his lawyer "It's his (photog) fault that I became distracted while posing and lost control."

·
Registered
268 Posts
At least they were not hurt badly, it was at a slow speed and they landed in the grass quickly. Glad they are okay.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
  1. I'm glad they were not hurt badly.
  2. Half of his bike is in the other lane in the first pic. He's lucky he didn't get hit by a car coming the other way. (Could have been much worse.)
  3. I'm sure those ape-hanger handlebars really improved the handling of his bike.

·
Registered
836 Posts
  1. I'm glad they were not hurt badly.
  2. Half of his bike is in the other lane in the first pic. He's lucky he didn't get hit by a car coming the other way. (Could have been much worse.)
  3. I'm sure those ape-hanger handlebars really improved the handling of his bike.
1. Me too.

2. The Dragon is a regular public road. I've seen school buses on it. Trucks, campers, and other traffic-clogging vehicles use it every day.

3. +1

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Looking at the first picture, it appears that his co-rider is countering his attempts to navigate the curve. It looks like she is leaning slightly to the right and looking over his right shoulder--the exact opposite of what she's supposed to be doing. Considering that he's using those highly "functional" ape hangers, that could have been just enough to throw him out of control and end up in the weeds at the side of the road. She leans right, he tries to lean left some more, and so on, until the bike runs out of ground clearance and starts scraping up asphalt, then the hard parts hit the ground and lever the rear tire off the ground, and that's all she wrote. Glad they weren't badly hurt, cuz they could have been. I suspect the bike fared a bit worse, though.

·
Registered
84 Posts
This has to go into the Guinness book of records -- Normally when you do something dumb like this no one has a camera handy :roll:

·
Registered
674 Posts
how about the skid lids?????

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
What's Wrong With This Picture

What's the problem? He had crash bars on the bike, and he was wearing fingerless gloves. What more do you want? :cool:

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Deserve it or not, I really hate to see anyone get hurt.

But on the lighter side of ridiculous:

:thumbup:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Easy for anyone, on any bike, to get "Bitten" on the Dragon. Got to check your ego at the begining, and ride within your limits. Glad they didn't appear to be seriously hurt.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Is that cord showing on that rear tire. :shrug:
Way out there near the edge - on a Harley? Not a chance. Likely went down a gravel or wet road somewhere and had yet to scrub off the stain. I see that a lot.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Looks like a Louisiana tag. That guy may have never before seen a road with curves like that.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts