GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gotta say--I was thoroughly entertained by your Goldwing disk set!
Thanks for putting that together. In the first week it's given me the courage to flush all brake lines and the clutch fluid. And this was days before a 2000+ mile trip. I'm working up to the air filter...
Thanks for the guidance.
ob

·
Vendor
21,888 Posts
Fred Do your discs cover the airbag model?
Yes and no.

No, I haven't specifically filmed taking the top shelter off the airbag bike, but 95% of what is on the discs still applies to the airbag bikes. The only big change is in how the top shelter is removed. The forks also have some new sensors on them, so they are slightly different, and the radio controls are moved. But other than that, the rest of the bike is the same.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Wondering. Do you fluid changers change the fluids in your cages as often as you do in your bikes? If the fluid needs changeing, change it. But to change just for change sakes is wasted money.

·
Vendor
21,888 Posts
Wondering. Do you fluid changers change the fluids in your cages as often as you do in your bikes? If the fluid needs changeing, change it. But to change just for change sakes is wasted money.
Yes, I do. I change my brake fluid yearly as well as my antifreeze, and I do the transmission fluid about every 20K miles on my cars.

Go talk to to any shop that works on brakes or transmissions and ask them what the #1 cause of problems with brakes or transmission is. I'll give you a hint, it isn't cause folks change the fluid too often.

Look at the color of your brake fluid after 1 year and compare it to the color of new fluid.

Coolant also goes sour, and the PH of it will shift and become acidic. Changing it yearly will prevent build ups from forming in your cooling system and will insure it has a neutral PH and will remove any sediments floating in it.

The single best thing you can do for ANY vehicle is to change ALL the fluids on it often. It will keep it performing like new, and will prevent failures and extend it's life. When a new vehicle costs $20K - $30K, it only makes sense to spend $100 or less getting all the fluids changed once in a while.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
By far the VERY BEST money I ever spent on a motorcycle accessory.
The only downside is I have to work on all my friends bikes.:shrug:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Fred, i've heard so many good things from other riders and here, I had to jump in there. Placed my order a little bit ago on the web.

Thanks

·
Registered
589 Posts
Great product! I have given sets to fellow riders over the years. I carry a set with me on the bike, just in case. I usually have a netbook in the trunk that can play the instructions.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts