GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A small update on the Ride-In…

As in our conversation this week on 8-2-11 we have agreed to the following rates for your group in Oct.

Arrival on 7th, check out on 9th - rate quoted for rooms if at least 20 rooms are rented each night would be 1 per = $53.95 & 2 per = $63.95 ea. night.

This is a very busy fall foliage weekend for us and I must have all guaranteed in advance. We require a 2 weeks prior to check-in date which would make your cut off for rooms & food be guaranteed by Sept. 23, 2011.

Most importantly is number of people eating. Food cost is so hard to control & extra help needs to be here. We will try to keep track of # eating as reservations are made. Anyone calling after 9-23 will have to pay going rate for rooms. If 20 aren't booked by that day we drop them. We will keep in contact with numbers at closer date.

Ref: Dinner for Friday 10-7-11 served at 6:30 pm
Cost per person = $16.50
Fried Chicken
Stuffed Green Peppers
Mashed Potatoes
Green Beans
Chicken Gravy
Macaroni & Cheese
Cooked Cabbage
California Blend Veggies includes full salad bar, choice of drink, soda, ice tea, lemonade or coffee Tip of 15% included + tax

Sat. 10-8-11 served at 6:30 pm
Cost per person = $22.50
BBQ Spareribs –
Country style and Western style
Slow Roasted Beef Au Jus
Brown Gravy
Baked Potatoes
Buttered Corn
Steamed Broccoli/Cheese Sauce
Country Brown Beans
Scallop Potatoes
Sliced Cinnamon Apples
[FONT=&quot]Includes full salad bar, drink, gratuity, + tax as well. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Salad Bar, consist of lettuce, tomato, Cukes, onions, cheese, Croutons, bacon bits, fruit, pasta salad, Cole slaw, applesauce, & cottage cheese;[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Dessert table both dinners with pie, pudding, and specialty cake included in price. And last but not least rolls & cornbread![/FONT]

Hope this is helpful for your group. Looking forward to meeting you. Pass Breakfast Bar idea around - $8.00 + tax each person leave your own tip. Drinks are extra with this.

And did I mention there's a “Dairy Queen” 2.5 miles south of the motel???

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
What if someone wants a hot dog?

Thanks for the additional info Red Bird!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
thanks buddy just got off phone with betty all set here will arrive on thursday but wife has to work till 3 so 11 hours to get there long ride I just might trailer the thing down again to make better time so I can make the run on thursday or if I take bike it might take a little longer and miss the ride on thursday but meet you guys later in the day. red bird I have your number I'll call you just in case.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks buddy just got off phone with betty all set here will arrive on thursday but wife has to work till 3 so 11 hours to get there long ride I just might trailer the thing down again to make better time so I can make the run on thursday or if I take bike it might take a little longer and miss the ride on thursday but meet you guys later in the day. red bird I have your number I'll call you just in case.
Due to the mountains and being so close to "Greenbank" there is no good Cell service in the good riding areas...

It's really hit and miss at best...

At least try anyway..

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Visited Green Bank this summer, those people are serious about electrical interference. Think they said 35 mile radius around them no cell phone reception. If your microwave makes to much interference, it's gone.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
I am told there is cell service at Snowshoe Ski Lodge!:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Snowshoe put up there own cell phone tower and didn't tell Green Bank they were doing it. Really PO'ed Green Bank. Amazing how sensitive that radio telescope is.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Due to the mountains and being so close to "Greenbank" there is no good Cell service in the good riding areas...

It's really hit and miss at best...

At least try anyway..
well then I'll just have to leave message at your room. If I get there early enough I know where to find you in the lobby. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well then I'll just have to leave message at your room. If I get there early enough I know where to find you in the lobby. :thumbup:
Believe me, this one is not like Crossville...

If I’m not in my room or eating I’ll be riding...

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
I'll discuss this with some oHIo DRer's during our Smoky Mountain ride in a couple of weeks. Responding here rather than clutter the sticky thread with unneeded postings. :thumbup:
If it's a go for us, Murgie will be PM's and I'll advise on the proper thread.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll discuss this with some oHIo DRer's during our Smoky Mountain ride in a couple of weeks. Responding here rather than clutter the sticky thread with unneeded postings. :thumbup:
If it's a go for us, Murgie will be PM's and I'll advise on the proper thread.

Thanks Roger, if all goes well it will be nice seeing you again...

Good luck and ride safely..

·
Registered
19,161 Posts

WHY?:lol::lol::lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts