GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alot of work went into this weekend. I am sure that everybody had fun. For the guys that could not have made it, we wish you could have. They did alot of work these last few months getting this thing ready. I want to thank them for putting on such a great event. I had a blast with the RRixx, PoleCat, KcButch staying at the house. My wife really enjoyed being there wife for the weekend. She made sure our bellys were always full and fresh coffee. And of course Monster.
I hope verybody gets home safely, please take your time guys. It was a pleasure to see Dan and Melissa also last night. However he did scoot out on me without me getting to say goodbye while I was in the Tech Show with Max.

Thanks again Paul and Max for everything they did. I guess Bill needs a thanks also. You guys are the best.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Steve,

Glad this outing turned out to be a huge success for everyone.

Meesh and I wanted to be there, but we found out that you can't be in two places at once. (even me....LOL).

This board and it's members just keep getting better!

Bulldog

·
Road Warrior
1,323 Posts
Thanks Paul and Max, I had a blast this weekend and had the bike serviced too. I got home about 8 am this morning after doing a little over 600 miles, hit the hot tub for a few mins. and now it time for some sleep :)

So was the date for next years :lol:

·
Registered
369 Posts
thanks max yall did a great job. i had a fun time on the ride and back at the shop. :twisted:

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Sheila
Glad to see you made it home ok.....
Hope you didn't have to dodge any more Blue Wings....LOL :D

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
I got in at 9:30 this evening. What a great time! Thanks Steve, Krista & Cole for the gracious hospitality and warm friendship. You folks are the best.

·
Road Warrior
1,323 Posts
RickM said:
Holy crap Sheila. I had trouble making the 30 miles back home last night.

Rick
I worked nights for 17 years, I really prefer riding at night when its all interstate miles. I just wish it hadn't rained through the whole state of Tn. :)

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
Steve

Right back at you buddy. You guys are the epitome of what a family should be. Your hospitality was absolutely the best. I still can't figure out why you wouldn't adopt me. I hated to leave. I arrived in Philadelphia at 2 A.M. and intend on now getting some sleep. You know how I can sleep in.

Rick

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, you can sleep. But thats not a bad thing. I guess Cole and I's prayers last night helped. Just prayed that our friends would have safe travels back home. Cole even through the Chicken Livers in there!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Steve, Christa, Cole and Molly,

WOW! What a GREAT FAMILY! You all are the BEST! I really enjoyed my time with you all, and words cant really express my gratitude for the hospitality you extended to me.

Oh yeah and Polecat and RRIXX, you guys were also great about making a total stranger (RRIXX, I know I am strange but ment it in a different sense) feel welcome.

Glad to see that all made it to their destinations safely as did I after my short 900 plus mile, 13 hour jaunt home.

As for all the other Wingstock attendees, I also thank you folks as well for taking in another posting boardmember and making me feel as though my extended family has grown a bit larger.

My thanks also go out to Paul (Trialsman) and Max (Traxxion) for helping to organize and execute this little shindig as for without them I DO KNOW WHAT I WOULD HAVE MISSED!

If any of you want to come experience some of the finest flatland riding America has to offer, you are all welcome here any time, just PM me and I will make sure the Guest Bedroom is ready and that there is room in the garage!

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
Butch

Glad you made it home too. I was thinking about your riding at night since you got away later than you intended (BTW, you missed one great breakfast that Krista made). Glad you made it home safe and sound.

I sure do hope Polecat finally got rid of those chicken livers.

It was great weekend Arn Butt and Trialsman and all the rest. You guys sure now how to extend southern hospitality.

Toyo, that was some of the best riding I have ever done. You are one heck of a rider and my bike and my body took a beating trying to keep up with you.

Now it's back to work to the real world and work.

·
Vendor
2,384 Posts
I can't wait for Wingstock '07! Last weekend was so much fun!

I would like to thank a few people "behind the scenes" who really made our part of the deal happen, and that would be Karen Krum my Office Manager, and Mike Hardy, my Sales Manager. They really took charge and organized all of the details, so I don't deserve any credit really!

By 2010, I want to fill our cul-de-sac with Wings! How cool would that be? We would need about 500 Wings... I hope we can double up the "Wing-count" for a few years into the future.

Thanks again for coming, and thanks for supporting our company in 2006.

:D

·
Registered
732 Posts
After 10 days on the road and 525 final miles to the house, I am glad to be home.
Met some nice folks and renewed old acquaintances @ the Red Roof Inn in Hendersonville for Hals BBQ.
Likewise for the event in Woodstock. It was nice to finally meet and ride with Arn Butt Bill, Tenn. Charlie, BloodBought One, Trialsman and others. The Sat. night dinner was very good and can't wait for Wing Stock 2

Bill, I still have some of that 15yr old single malt left. Charlie and I put a dent in it but there is some left for you. Next time my friend.

I had the TRAXXION upgrade with the ALL BALLS bearings done on the wing on Thurs. and rode the twisties on Friday.....WHAT A DIFFERENCE. For those of you on the fence about the upgrade, it certainly changes the dynamics of the bike. It doesnt wallow all over the rode in the curves or twisties like and old cow anymore. You point it in the line and it stays there.....now I know what everyone that has had this upgrade done....means.

Thanks to Max and staff for the swaray....your facility is unbelievable and I now know why you make a quality product.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If anybody has any ideas of what they would like to add to Wingstock II please dont hesitate to post your suggestions. This can turn out to be a really big thing like Max wants.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Arn Butt Bill said:
Best weekend ever.
Here Here!

Donut holes, Haggis, SPAM & Scrambled Eggs for breakfast was just what the Doctor Ordered to keep sharp before riding up to TN!

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Silver Meteor said:
Bill, I still have some of that 15yr old single malt left. Charlie and I put a dent in it but there is some left for you. Next time my friend.
You're staying at my house next year, Tom. There was just too much going on to try and get to the hotel for a nightcap. Charlie can sleep in the garage. :wink:

Max said:
I can't wait for Wingstock '07! Last weekend was so much fun!
That is a legally binding contract. You are committed to the event for at least another year... ...will you be blowing sax again? (sax really enjoyed being blown, by the way) Here's a picture. The band was great; I love blues.

And, yes, Karen and Mike did all the hard work and nobody hugged them. Well, I tried to hug Mike but he kept running away and Karen never stopped moving long enough for a hug.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Thanks Bill, you are just to good to me. I don't know how I could ever repay you. The single malt DOES stay in the garage with me.
I will be down to get the full Traxx. in a week or two.

Charlie

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
I hate work, that was the only thing holding Meesh and I back from going. This whole summer has been a bust for us, where riding is concerned.

Looks like it is time to retire once again.....LOL

Trying to pin Max down, to coming out to Cats-Cade prior to going to Americade next year. His product and services, fit right in to what we do at the Cade. Max, the price to attend for you and yours has been reduced. It went from $0 to double $0. I would like to go lower on the price, but financially, I just cant see my way there.

I would love to have been able to ride out that way. The roads around here are getting boring.

Bulldog

1 - 20 of 24 Posts