GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the passing of the 5th anniversary of 9/11, I was waiting to see if anyone would recognize the members of the GL1800Riders.com board, that are Fire, Police, and The Military, who put their lives on the line every day to "Protect and Serve" so that we all may enjoy our lives in general with a little less worry everyday.

Let me for myself, and the rest of us all here on the board, give you a "Heart Felt Thankyou", and tell you how much we really appreciate the sacrifices you all make to watch out for all of us.

ANYTHING that I can do for you, please feel free to contact me, and Im sure any other board member, and we will be glad to do our best to help in any way we can.

Thanks Again
KCButch and the Members of the GL1800Riders.com Board :D [/b]

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Thanks Butch. It's nice to be thought of in a postive light once in a while. :)

Almost 21 years in Law Enf full time, with 4 more years part time.

I can see retirement from here.

Dep

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To Dep and all other career LEO, Fire, and Military men and women
I truly hope you all stay safe and enjoy the retirement you so richly deserve.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Thank you Butch.

It is very refreshing to hear something positive every once in a while.

I have 20 years down and 6 to go, then I can ride to my hearts content.

I also want to repeat the thanks to all the service men and women, serving both here and abroad. Thank you for your sacrifices made to keep this a free country!

Paul H.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Thanks Butch. This is a really sad time for us when we remember the ultimate sacrifice the brothers made in the WTC on 9/11. Its bad when we lose one to a fire, but 343 in one incident is still unfathomable. I still have a hard time wrapping my mind around it.

We will never forget.

Dave Freeman, Toronto Fire Department, 20 years.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Thanks Butch. Compliments are few and far between.

23 years LEO Deputy Sheriff

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Thanks Butch and all that chimed in. It is nice to hear some kind words, I have wondered at times …..if anyone cares …. Or understand what …. we ….. the Military, LEOs and fire fighters do and give up for others?

Both, my spouse and I are military, I've got just over one year left until I retire with 24 years active and 36 years total time. And my better half has over 22 years (and still going). When we finally get a chance to settle down somewhere (looking at East TN) we’ll both look back ..at the good and the bad times .. It was our privilege and honor to serve …..

I am looking forward to our settle down time... but with all the moves we’ve done , I just don’t know how we will adjust to that … and having to get a “real job” :p Now that’s real scary !?!

But, we will adjust and overcome …as we have done all of our lives so far …

BTW I done all three … LEO (MP and part time civilian) volunteer Fire fighter And the big one …. Military.

Hummm .. I wonder if there is something wrong with me? :? Death wish? :shock: :wink:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Thank you...it's very much appreciated...it will be passed along to my team... 8)

·
Registered
466 Posts
I think it's safe to say none of us went into these professions looking for great recognition, but it's certainly nice to hear a thanks. This December will be 31 years as a fireman for me, and I think it's time to move on. It's has been an honor and a privilege to serve with the kind of people that sacrifice their lives for the community.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Know that many of us appreciate the choices that military, firefighters, and LEO have made.

I give discounts at my business to those groups and my staff sometimes gets confused at to who qualifies. I tell them it is simple. Anytime there is an emergency, those who run in when the rest of us run out get a discount.

A lot of days I am not sure I want my job, but I am real sure I don't want yours.

Salute.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks

Thanks Butch, that is kind of you to say.

26 years as LEO i nTexas now. Retired from the USAR after 27.5 years total, active and reserve. As one other member said, I can see retirement from here....lol. Never did do much with the firefighting thing, leave that to the smoke eaters..hahaha.

Was glad to do it. Grew up an Army brat so I was socialized around the military all my life. Never gave a second thought as to whether I was going to go in or not, just which branch? Wouldn't change a thing, would do it all over again. Wish I could still be on active duty doing a tour, sigh.

Mac

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
My husband and I just completed an 11 day ride across the USA in Memory, Honor and Support of First Call Responders.

Torches Across America is TRYING to get September 11th proclaimed First Call Responders for the USA. There have been some cities, counties and states that have gotten on the band wagon to begin the process.

Check out the website for TAA for more information. This ride has been going on for 4 years. The people who participate in the ride are not all first call responders - there are many riders who BELIEVE in the need to recognize these fine people who do so much, and often give their lives for us.

We the people.....are the ones WHO WILL make this happen. It is not about the riders, it is about our First Call Responders AND the military and their families who need the recognition and support of WE THE PEOPLE.

THANK YOU!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Thanks to all Police,Fire Fighters and Military board member

Thanks Butch, I recently retired from the Navy and it is nice to be recognized for our efforts and sacrifices made to keep our Freedom.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Thanks to all

Thanks, I just retired from the military with 35yr 8mth 22 days with 6years active Navy and the other 29+ as Coast Guard Reserve. I have over 43 yr as a vol firemen and it is good to see that someone appreciates the jobs we do. Never forget 9/11 as it can happen again at anytime and anywhere. May GOD be with us all in these trying times.
Ride safe and "Ride with Pride"

1 - 20 of 21 Posts