Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ginny's Cupboard

127 N Water St, Sparta, WI
(608) 269-6669
http://www.ginnyscupboard.net/index.html
11:30 am Saturday like tomorrow .
No points will be awarded as 24 hour notice was not givin .
If you enjoy a unique place with handmade everything this is it .
Just one of many I have been hiding for ya . :twisted:

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm in Michele and I will be there!
Cool beans !! It will be nice visiting with ya 2 again.
It's a fun place , you will enjoy it . Good call !!

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Attention Jwen

Could we have an exception to the 24 hour rule on this one ? Give Teepee Trike and his lovely bride a chance for a shirt .
Your call , but this is a true RTE destination . Not like your Mc D's run :twisted:

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
make one exception and everyone will want an exception . . .

:shrug:

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Make the exception! This is for fun...it's our contest, we do what ever we want...have fun.

·
Crazy Northerner
8,622 Posts
Ginny's Cupboard

Just one of many I have been hiding for ya . :twisted:

Not a secret if you ever have done the bike ride from Elroy to Sparta. Seems like everyone you talk to recommends this place.
I have gone there to pick brother-in-law up from charity ride on the trail. We didn't stop at Ginny's but many did. We just had
to make a dash home since he had chores to do.

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not a secret if you ever have done the bike ride from Elroy to Sparta. Seems like everyone you talk to recommends this place.
When I quit smoking I rode with mountain bike on the Elroy trail and they told me a had to go ;)
But the first time I went was with family visiting the Sheldon astronaut / bike museum .

·
Crazy Northerner
8,622 Posts
When I quit smoking I rode with mountain bike on the Elroy trail and they told me a had to go ;)
But the first time I went was with family visiting the Sheldon astronaut / bike museum .

Is that museum still there? I have heard of it but never been to it.

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is that museum still there? I have heard of it but never been to it.
I believe so and I will check today for ya . We all really enjoyed it . A astronaut for. Wi was kinda cool. I kept asking if he brought cheese in space ? Did not get answer . Very. Very old bicycles there and a plane hanging from ceiling . Word to the wise. Do not climb up and try to look at it , they get a bit testy .

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hummnn !

make one exception and everyone will want an exception . . .

:shrug:
That's true and I agree ,,,,, but here's another glimpse into how my brain works .
:joke:

“Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively.”
― Dalai Lama XIV

“Any fool can make a rule
And any fool will mind it.”
― Henry David Thoreau, Journal #14

“Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.”
― Pablo Picasso

“Rules are for children. This is war, and in war the only crime is to lose.”
― Joe Abercrombie, Last Argument of Kings

And my very personal favorite

“The hell with the rules. If it sounds right, then it is.”

:joke: :lol:
― Eddie Van Halen

·
Crazy Northerner
8,622 Posts
That's true and I agree ,,,,, but here's another glimpse into how my brain works .

― Dalai Lama XIV

― Pablo Picasso

― Eddie Van Halen

Only one rule:#1 The administrator is always right. #2 If the administrator is wrong refer to rule #1

The last argument of Kings applies here. "This is not war and yes you are a child. Just ask Betty."

·
Registered
6,795 Posts

― Dalai Lama XIV

― Pablo Picasso

― Eddie Van Halen
I have a thought. You have my password, delete the rules and write your own!! This is starting to make my ass tired so go for it I am done !!!!

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have a thought. You have my password, delete the rules and write your own!! This is starting to make my ass tired so go for it I am done !!!!
Breath in than breath out deeply . I was and I am always just screwing around . I am sorry if this playful banter upsets you . The only reasons I typed this as I knew Curtis would be all over this, for others viewing it, and enjoying it . Again sorry . I will never ever from this point make a comment about the rules . Please reconsider you decision . Maybe I should start every post with a :joke:

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Only one rule:#1 The administrator is always right. #2 If the administrator is wrong refer to rule #1

The last argument of Kings applies here. "This is not war and yes you are a child. Just ask Betty."
I did and you know what she said :lol:

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
:joke:

― Dalai Lama XIV

― Pablo Picasso

:joke: :lol:
― Eddie Van Halen

You forgot the most important quote ever regarding rules. I will paraphrase the quote as I remember it.

"Do not read the rule book for what you can't do, but read the rule book so that you can do things they haven't ruled on!"

----- none other than Smokey Yunick, Nascar great

Smokey once made a 7/8ths scale Malibu and brought it to the race. It took them a while to figure it out, but when they did, new rule in the book! Now they have templates to make sure the body is right.

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You forgot the most important quote ever regarding rules. I will paraphrase the quote as I remember it.

"Do not read the rule book for what you can't do, but read the rule book so that you can do things they haven't ruled on!"

Smokey once made a 7/8ths scale Malibu and brought it to the race. It took them a while to figure it out, but when they did, new rule in the book! Now they have templates to make sure the body is right.
That's awesome . Never heard that. I gotta check this out .
But I suppose me thinking it's awesome is just my point of view and not to be considered awesome by all.;)
Tonight is Devins award ceremony and with 3 g I can do it than to break up bal,bla ,blas . :twisted:
Ok leaving here for Sparta in a few minutes , later .
My job here is done , upset one , entertained my self , maybe a few others , and learned a little something .
Again John I meant nothing by it , truly sorry I am . Please forgive me as I am like a young pup chewing on stuff till I get attention . Not bad , just annoying ,,,,,,,,and lovable :twisted:;)

·
Crazy Northerner
8,622 Posts

Smokey was great at knowing just where to tweak things. His plan for the 302 Chevy engine became a standard for several years and an insurance nightmare. (smaller than the 327, 350 and 307 yet more power than all of them) One of the best engines I ever owned.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
He also set up a motor to rotate backwards from conventional in that from the drivers seat it would turn left instead of to the right.

The thought there was to put the torque thrust into the corner . . .

Guess what . . .

New rule!

Lol

1 - 20 of 30 Posts