GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Thank you for posting that.

That video makes YouTube worth the billion plus that Google paid.

I cannot remember crying so much in a long time as the tears that video brought out.

Wow.

Wow.

Wow.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Wow. Being a Dad is one thing, but doing what this father did is something else! I loved the music, too.

Mesquite Bob

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
A super Duo.

Sure makes the big crap that we put up with every day, quite trivial.

God Bless them both!

Bulldog

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Man that was tough. Something must have been wrong with my screen, it was blurred and fuzzy. If that doesn't put a lump in your throat, and a tear in your eye....your dead. Thanks Roadhawgie.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Thanks. I immediately forwarded that link to everyone I know. What a story.

Billy

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
thank you.......

Our first born son Christopher Erin Kintner was born with Hurler's syndrome and he lived three miraculous years and three days. It was 27 years ago the 14th of this month we lost him. Our oldest son is 3rd levl autistic and what they call highly functioning. He graduated high school in 1994 and has been on his own with a job and an apartment since then. Our third son is 26 and as seemingly normal as a 26 year old can be? :D

I only thought that Linda and I had been through some stuff until I watched this video. Thank you for posting it.

Denny and Linda Kintner

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks JP3, those 2 make me feel so warm and fuzzy all over and make the "happy" emotional tears just flow like a river.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Re: thank you.......

Denny said:
Our first born son Christopher Erin Kintner was born with Hurler's syndrome and he lived three miraculous years and three days. It was 27 years ago the 14th of this month we lost him. Our oldest son is 3rd levl autistic and what they call highly functioning. He graduated high school in 1994 and has been on his own with a job and an apartment since then. Our third son is 26 and as seemingly normal as a 26 year old can be? :D

I only thought that Linda and I had been through some stuff until I watched this video. Thank you for posting it.

Denny and Linda Kintner
Denny, God sure thought you and your wife had some big shoulders to give you the children he has.

Special kids need special parents and God knows this. But not all rise to the challenge.Bless you for being such patient and loving parents.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
If that doesn't give you goose bumps and a lump in your throat, there's something wrong.

Makes me realize that when I think I'm having a bad day, there are those who are having a more difficult time than me.

God bless these two men.

Dep

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
After 33 years as a Special Education teacher. Teaching every exceptionality from severely handicapped to mildly handicapped. I can say that all the accomplishments I had thought I had made in those 33 years pale in comparison to what this one individual has done. Thank you for the reality check. And God Bless Rick and Dick.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Incredible love from a father! What an example!

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Despite the fact that Dick Hoyt is the kind of man that most men could only hope to be, I'm sure he would tell you it's no big deal. We all know that that is not true. That is a man!

That story brings back some bittersweet memories about Peggie and our son.

My youngest son was born 7 weeks early and spent most of his first 4 weeks on earth in a hospital. He suffered a cerebral hemorrhage, had a shunt put in his brain, and has had countless doctors prod and poke at him his entire life. We were told when he was in the hospital to not get our hopes up too high, that there was a distinct possibility that he wouldn't survive. If he did survive, he's likely be blind, possibly deaf, and have severe learning disabilities.

Well, the doctors didn't know Josh, and they severely underestimated Josh's mother. I say his mother, because the brunt of the work fell onto her, as I spent most of my time working. Peggie was like a momma bear and did the battles with the schools, doctors, county agencies, etc, insisting on getting the schools to co-operate in mainstreaming Josh in normal public schools in addition to raising both Josh and his older brother, keeping a house, and working to boot.

We have always told Josh that the world isn't going to wait up for him, that he had to work hard to keep up.

Today, in spite of being confined to a electric wheelchair, Josh graduated from high school, has several years of college, is an assistant front end manager at a local Lowe's store (he started answering the phone :D ), and is a great young man. Even if I do say so myself. lol. :lol:

Short ending to a long story...never underestimate the power of the human spirit and will to succeed, or the power of a parents love.

Dick Hoyt, you're my hero, no matter what you say.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts