GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We’re currently on Day 12 of a 14 day ride. There is no forward progress today, though. We’re holed up in a hotel in Liberal KS while Mother Nature carries on outside! So far on this trip we’ve been delayed leaving our overnight stops 3 times because of severe weather. Van Horn Tx, Hillsboro, Tx, and now Liberal Ks. That doesn’t count the day off we took in Kansas City because of severe weather. At least there we stayed with friends and had a great time revving up their little kids! I think they were second guessing the offer to stay there.

Of all the trips we’ve done, we have never experienced weather delays like this. A little rain and wind is no trouble, but as I type this the weather radar shows some very ugly stuff headed this way. Well, if anyone should know how to build a hotel to withstand tornadoes, it SHOULD be Kansas folks!

On the plus side, the rest of the trip was awesome. We got another taste of Ozark riding with great friends, got a chance to visit @Donnieontheroad, and try some roads never done before. Even Oklahoma has some awesome back roads. ? And, as usual, we met and had great conversations with people along the way.

So, hopefully this stuff is gone in the morning and we can take the next 2 days to get home. Until then, we’ll buckle down eating chips and M&Ms, since that’s about all available in the lobby. Probably order a pizza delivered for dinner...if someone actually will! ?

Nothing like the adventures of motorcycle travel! ?

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Enjoyed the short time visiting with you and Candie ... Definitely quality time ... but way to short.

As for as the take on the weather...

Take want you get while on the open road. I wish I were you. I surely miss being on the road with the wing!

My Best!

Donnie

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Enjoyed the short time visiting with you and Candie ... Definitely quality time ... but way to short.

As for as the take on the weather...

Take want you get while on the open road. I wish I were you. I surely miss being on the road with the wing!

My Best!

Donnie
I miss having you out there! Someday...?

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Do NOT ride anywhere in the vicinity of this man and his sweet wife.(Candie) Since someone named Fred messed with his black bike, it has manifested a major malfunction and now causes consistent weather anomalies, especially tornadoes wherever it goes. We have sent an appeal to the board administrators to officially change his name to “Mistertwister”. (As a subtle reminder of these dangerous tendencies)

Riders Beware,!!

Consider yourselves duly warned...

:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
I’ve just got two things to say. Lunch and Springer. Take it or leave it!

Reactions: Arizona16

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Congrats Jim on your 1000th post. Even if you did use it to brag on your newly developed super-power!

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
See what I did there? I just padded my post count by 4, so You will always be trying to catch up....

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do NOT ride anywhere in the vicinity of this man and his sweet wife.(Candie) Since someone named Fred messed with his black bike, it has manifested a major malfunction and now causes consistent weather anomalies, especially tornadoes wherever it goes. We have sent an appeal to the board administrators to officially change his name to “Mistertwister”. (As a subtle reminder of these dangerous tendencies)

Riders Beware,!!

She’s changing her name to Dorothy. ?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I’ve just got two things to say. Lunch and Springer. Take it or leave it!
Deal! Where is Springer? And, will there be any tornadoes? ?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congrats Jim on your 1000th post. Even if you did use it to brag on your newly developed super-power!

I had no idea I was so chatty until now. ?

Reactions: revrunt

·
Registered
3,371 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Now that’s funny right there!!! :grin2: Except she IS still in KANSAS!

Nope...now she’s Annie Okie...or something like that...

Reactions: revrunt

·
Registered
200 Posts

Riders Beware,!!

Tornadoes! Heck, every time he rides north we all get inundated with forest fires.
Maybe it's his pegs causing sparks.
I doubt it's Candi throwing cigarette butts off the back of the Wing.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
If you were curious, there WAS a tornado north of Flagstaff yesterday. Most likely an EF -4, but still a twister...

- David
He is practicing and his superpower is increasing by the hour. His superpower reach has extended from a few miles to hundreds?...

Tornadoes! Heck, every time he rides north we all get inundated with forest fires.
Maybe it's his pegs causing sparks.
I doubt it's Candi throwing cigarette butts off the back of the Wing.
... and now is expanding his repertoire to include other natural disasters. Where is Superman??

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Geeeez....we’ll be home today, so all the weather anomalies across the country will subside, except in Phoenix, I guess...??

1 - 20 of 27 Posts