GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just an FYI - read in AAA magazine that the CA / NV club has upgraded their "premier" membership to include roadside services for RV and MC.

In the past, CA/NV AAA would not cover roadside services for RV and MC - even though other AAA clubs in the US did. Other clubs specifically had an "RV" membership which would include tow coverage for MC's. But this was not offered with the CA / NV AAA club.

Went to their website and called AAA office to clarify. The "premier" membership now offers towing (up to 200 miles), battery jump, gas, etc. for MC and RV (RV is limited to $300 tow). On auto that membership offers $50 refund for windshield replacement - due to cracks. Wonder if that applies to MC :)

Not trying to promote AAA versus other roadside service clubs. Just trying to inform those in CA / NV with AAA, that their membership now have MC roadside service. But that only applies to the "premier" membership.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Just an FYI - read in AAA magazine that the CA / NV club has upgraded their "premier" membership to include roadside services for RV and MC.

In the past, CA/NV AAA would not cover roadside services for RV and MC - even though other AAA clubs in the US did. Other clubs specifically had an "RV" membership which would include tow coverage for MC's. But this was not offered with the CA / NV AAA club.

Went to their website and called AAA office to clarify. The "premier" membership now offers towing (up to 200 miles), battery jump, gas, etc. for MC and RV (RV is limited to $300 tow). On auto that membership offers $50 refund for windshield replacement - due to cracks. Wonder if that applies to MC :)

Not trying to promote AAA versus other roadside service clubs. Just trying to inform those in CA / NV with AAA, that their membership now have MC roadside service. But that only applies to the "premier" membership.
I've had RV/MC coverage with AAA since 2000. Is this different?

G

·
AAA - MC coverage

I added RV/MC coverage to my Auto Club Premier membership several years ago. The Southern California club has it (Auto Club of So. CA - ACSC), and I think the Northern has had it a while too (CA State Auto Assoc - CSAA).

My MC insurance also has roadside service/towing for $10./year extra, but it is not nearly as good as AAA Premier, which I'm going to upgrade from the 100 mile towing to the 200 mile towing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts