GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of course "Blacky's" been sitting in my garage since Mid October, all covered over, with a nice warm blanket to keep her warm....... Before I put her away, I replaced the front tire, changed oil/ filter, replaced anti freeze with Honda's 50/50 mixture, jacked up the tires off the floor, and plugged in the battery tender..and of course fuel stabilizer was added to the gas..
This morning B4 starting her up for the first time since I put her away, I changed all six spark plugs.....(cause I also sprayed in some fogging formula.into each spark plug hole before closing the garage door 5 months ago) ......I turned the key in the ignition, and pushed the starter button.............She started immediately up, like there was not a single day of rest...............Went for a short ride, (approx 30 miles) on the highway, to burn out any condensation, and then home again...ALL IS GOOD!!
I also started her up using the "HOLDING THE THROTTLE WIDE OPEN for 20 seconds AT FIRST PROCESS, so the oil could circulate through out the motor before she started up...Aaaaaaaaaaaaaa WHAT A GOOD FEELING!

Ronnie

·
Registered
261 Posts
I don't know how you guys in the midwest and east don't/can't ride for 4-6 months. I would need to look for a 12-step program to get me through not riding :cool:

·
Registered
523 Posts
I don't know how you guys in the midwest and east don't/can't ride for 4-6 months. I would need to look for a 12-step program to get me through not riding :cool:
I ride, just not the bike(s) for many months. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
523 Posts
^^^ that could be fun. What kind of oil does it use :LOL:
That's actually a good question. That one I bought new back in 2007 and at that time it was state of the art in reduced fuel and oil consumption (SDI two stroke). It was required (at the time) to use a Ski-Doo approved semi-synthetic or full synthetic injector oil. I was given a good deal on a case of injector oil when I bought it and have only used those quarts of Ski-Doo branded semi-synthetic oil up to now and they are gone. 3500 miles (averages about 16 mpg) on about 15 qts of injector oil to this point. I'm not able to get the semi blend SD oil as they quit marketing that and only have the old school mineral oil (not compatible) and full synthetic at $60/gal. So, I'm into using an off brand semi-synthetic that I use in the rest of the fleet of sleds and increased the oil pump flow a bit. Experimental stage in progress.
Oil threads are more hotly debated on sled forums than GoldWing forums, if you can imagine that...

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love to snow ski, so having my bike covered over in my garage isn't quite so bad, BUT if giving a choice either ride OR ski ...I'd rather ride, no wait, ski, no ride, ski.. I'm not sure/ each does have it's fun times that's for sure..

Ronnie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts