1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
obama's best friend!

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
They contribute a lot of money to causes I do not agree with. They seem to get a lot of special treatment in many areas. Pass :?

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
I do not like a lot of their causes.

Also have not found any discounts yet. Generally costs more.

Recent example.

Cell phones, they tack on this charge and this fee and yet another fee. I called Verizon last month and told them if you tack on another local county tax on my bill...........see ya. They said hit the road. And jumped the fee $1.43.

So I decided for an simple emergency phone as I have a good phone during the day for work, but for the bike just a simple one will do.

I went with consumer cellular. So they are affiliated with AARP. The sales person got tickled at me. The annual fee for the AARP is 16 bucks. I asked them how much of a discount do I get. One dollar a month they said.

Well I am not too smart, but one times 12 is cheaper than 16. I asked the phone sales person if they could add better than me. Lol!

Same with auto insurance, I priced that and they are higher priced than my current company.

As for motels and so on, roadside assistance and all that, we have an alternate through Allstate that is just as good, costs 48 bucks a year for it all, and is unlimited if you did have trouble. In other words no mileage limit on towing and they will pay for your motel while you are stranded with a dead alternator.

Not impressed with ARRP. Guess I am not old enough yet.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
I'm happy someone with a little more clout than I have is looking out for those of us in our golden years.
Dig a little deeper and you'll find they are looking out for themselves, first and foremost. :roll:

·
Registered
374 Posts
I do love me some discounts........

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
We probably all loathe special interest groups and their lobbyists seeking special consideration, entitlements, from the government. Every election cycle has politicians and citizens condemning those horrid special interests. The AARP is the political action committee for the largest special interest group in existence. However, when a few dollars are waved in front of our faces, we tend to forget our principles and sign on. Oh, how easily we prostitute ourselves.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
We probably all loathe special interest groups and their lobbyists seeking special consideration, entitlements, from the government. Every election cycle has politicians and citizens condemning those horrid special interests. The AARP is the political action committee for the largest special interest group in existence. However, when a few dollars are waved in front of our faces, we tend to forget our principles and sign on. Oh, how easily we prostitute ourselves.

Maybe some do.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
The Communists can have their AARP!

·
Registered
487 Posts
obama's best friend!
They sold us out to Obama. I have no use for them but my wife uses the card because of the discount on motels when we travel. She has no sense when it comes to anything political. She just knows it saves just a little money on motels but as far as the insurance and things....I can do much better privately.

·
Registered
556 Posts
AARP, their mail keeps my shredder from getting hungry.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts