GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...who's the wise guy that gave my name to the AARP ??? Just cuz I am gonna be 50 next wednesday doesn't mean I am ready to retire!!!!..Dang!!!..I would have thunk that they would have waited til I was at least 60 or 70......Does any one else use this ? Does it work ? Is it worth the $12.50 a year ?....Henry.........50 going on 35 ....hehe

·
Registered
164 Posts
Don't feel bad Man :lol: I have been getting them and tearing them up for years now. :roll: I do not want to start anything political but due to AARP's views and anti gun groups that they support, they will never see a penny of my money. To each there own and this is only my personal view.

50? Only 50? You dang Kids LOL:

Cheers.
Marc

·
Registered
154 Posts
Don't tear them up. When I get unsolicited mail I take the postage paid envelope put some other companies BS in the envelope and mail it back to them. So far, I've sent AARP time share ads, car ads, consolidate your loans, get a new mortgage. The other people get AARP propaganda. At least they all get to pay the post office for the crap I send them.

·
Registered
172 Posts
goldwinghen3....... The answers to your questions in my opinion is
NO......NO........& NO Hope that helps your decision.
captain dan......I like your method. I will have to start doing the same :lol:

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Sounds like some(most) are opinionated here.

I for one am over 50 (thanks God I made it this far) and I can tell you first hand that AARP has saved me a ton of money. Mostly on my homeowners policy not to mention my cars insurance.

I don't get involved in anti-gun control and never lose sleep over those issues or others. The bottom line on gun control is: you have a gun, the criminals will always have bigger and better guns. Go figure?

You guys are missing out on some very good savings and that puts it for me that I can spend more on ME!

Have a nice day....

·
Registered
207 Posts
wingman57---The bottom line on gun control is: you have a gun, the criminals will always have bigger and better guns. Go figure

But if you use yours first it doesn't matter.

·
Registered
154 Posts
AARP and Progressive Insurance

I would rather starve that give one cent to these two companies. They use their profits to promote an anti-individual platform.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
lomax said:
Don't feel bad Man :lol: I have been getting them and tearing them up for years now. :roll: I do not want to start anything political but due to AARP's views and anti gun groups that they support, they will never see a penny of my money. To each there own and this is only my personal view.

50? Only 50? You dang Kids LOL:

Cheers.
Marc

+1

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I turned fifty in June and signed up. I saved thirty dollars when I stayed at Robbinsville NC. (Rode the dragon). Next, I saved $20 at one of the motorcycle shops in town. I do not believe in all the AARP stances but I cannot name any other organization that I agreed 100% with. :D

·
Registered
682 Posts
Man goldwinghen3,

Isn't ANYONE going to wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY?!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll join you in May(50), have been gettig AARP on line for 6 mo's ore more! I had no idea AARP had an agenda, but I respect the info I gain from this board so I won't be sending them any $$ any time soon.

Bill

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
They won't see one penny of our money. AARP is one of the most anti-gun groups there is.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I think you are automatically enrolled when you buy a wing.

Mike

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Re: AARP and Progressive Insurance

Captain Dan said:
I would rather starve that give one cent to these two companies. They use their profits to promote an anti-individual platform.
I AGREE

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
I love Captain dans approach and will start to use it.

If you feel the need to save on a motel room the ten percent that you will save will be given to you just by asking for a discount and you will most likely never be asked to show your AARP card and if you are you must have forgot it.

As far as auto or home ins I don't think so.

Your opinion may very!!!!!!!

·
Registered
652 Posts
It is worth $12.50 just to get them off your back.
BTW with all the shootings in Florida on a daily basis and never hear of one were the good guys gun saved him I'm for getting the guns off the street.
OK I have a really big FLAME SUIT.
Lets get the adrenilin flowing on this nice quiet Friday evening and see how long it lasts.
Bet there is at least one more shooting in Florida before I get busted for being the bad guy.
I'll not likely know. Heading for the hot tub.
Enjoy the evening.
Hey I'm usually quiet and mind my own buisness.
TR

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
When I get unsolicited mail I take the postage paid envelope put some other companies BS in the envelope and mail it back to them.
:lol: I've been doing this with Capital One for about a year! I look forward to their mailings, and view the pre-paid reply envelope as a challenge to see how much junk mail, along with all the junk from Capital One, that I can stuff in!

Think of it! They have to pay the US Post Office, and if all of us do this, we can accomplish two goals:

First, we help keep the price of postage down by making the junk mail vendors pay extra postage, so stuff those envelopes!

Second, we are recycling!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts