GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its March...will that white stuff ever go away for the year??? This just sucks...

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Its March...will that white stuff ever go away for the year??? This just sucks...

Sorry in advance for pix sideways if it is .
This was taken last year same weekend . I think SW of here about 100 miles .
I know it's been a long winter , but relax it's almost over . April showers bring may flowers . March is always a crap shoot at best .

·
Registered
386 Posts
Suppose to get a light snow/ice mix on Tuesday. In the meantime my Peach trees and plum trees are in bloom.........

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Suppose to get a light snow/ice mix on Tuesday. In the meantime my Peach trees and plum trees are in bloom.........
I am so allergic to them that like 7 years ago I was down there around this time and I wanted to dig my eyes out with a spoon . But they are gorgeous when in bloom .

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I only lost three weeks last winter in January to snow in SE WI...otherwise I was on it the rest of the year, feb and march with out a loss of days... Don't know where that snow was Rail, but we didn't get it last year.

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
I only lost three weeks last winter in January to snow in SE WI...otherwise I was on it the rest of the year, feb and march with out a loss of days... Don't know where that snow was Rail, but we didn't get it last year.
.March 29th 2013 Wild Rose / Amherst area .

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Tomorrow we will be pelted with pollen!

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts

·
Love The DCT
11,795 Posts
:agree: We just got another inch of the white stuff this morning. Tons of salt dumped on the roads. Going to take a couple of really good rain falls to get that stuff off the roads. :doorag:

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
:agree: We just got another inch of the white stuff this morning. Tons of salt dumped on the roads. Going to take a couple of really good rain falls to get that stuff off the roads. :doorag:
I was amazed as I ride west and north this weekend at the amount of snow left in that direction . There's 8' snow banks on sides of the road in spots .

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
image.jpg
It's snowing really good right now here.

·
Special Administrator "Internal Affairs" To Facili
6,944 Posts
They are calling for less than an inch here tonight. :shock: That's alright Rail! They are calling for 65* on Saturday. Guess where I will be. ;) Yes, I may be taking another little ride down through KY. Looks like another 350-400 mile ride in the twisties.

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
They are calling for less than an inch here tonight. :shock: That's alright Rail! They are calling for 65* on Saturday. Guess where I will be. ;) Yes, I may be taking another little ride down through KY. Looks like another 350-400 mile ride in the twisties.
I rode 400 miles Sunday again myself , but not twistie stuff . But I did enjoy buttermilk oatmeal pancakes I now have recipe for .
I did find a few nice curves but so much sand and salt I could not scrub rubber off of edges quite yet . Soon though . Really want to hammer on NRF Yoko I got .
Maybe while riding around Ky you could seek sympathy from the Bible Belt and be nice to me in your posts .
Oh maybe I should mention I sold some gloves and packaged up some Darkside cookies for him . :twisted:

·
Registered
20,954 Posts
Weatherman was predicting an inch of snow here today-tonight but I think they miss forecasted again. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Weatherman was predicting an inch of snow here today-tonight but I think they miss forecasted again. :thumbup:
I have no idea what they predicted here Mike , but we got an inch . It stopped now and sun is out . Not sticking to driveway , but trees are full and pretty again.

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts

·
Registered
20,954 Posts
I have no idea what they predicted here Mike , but we got an inch . It stopped now and sun is out . Not sticking to driveway , but trees are full and pretty again.
Snowed here for awhile but nothing really accumulated hope it stays that way, then again I really don't care much what the weather does for the rest of March, just hope for great weather April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, George will be in charge after that :thumbup:

·
Love The DCT
11,795 Posts
I was amazed as I ride west and north this weekend at the amount of snow left in that direction . There's 8' snow banks on sides of the road in spots .
We still have 8 ft high snowbanks along some roads. With the temps in the single digits at night and barely into the low 20's during the day, it is taking a long time to melt the snowpack. I'm keeping my fingers crossed the 4 to 6 inches :eek:4: of the white stuff they have forecasted for this coming Thurs. misses us and you all over that way too! :doorag:

1 - 20 of 65 Posts