GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are a few simple rules of business that we, in our company, try to adhere to. We feel that these rules will help shape a successful and respected enterprise.

1. Sell a quality product
2. Treat your customers with respect after the sale as well as before the sale
3. Do not compromise the quality of your product by offering outrageous deals. Place a price on your product and stick to it
4. Offer and deliver good customer service
5. Deliver exactly what you promise
6. Treat your customers as individuals, have fun with them and above all else respect their intelligence more than their money.

Having purchased a new Quantum Trailer from John Preston and Bustec at "Wings Over the Smokies" this past weekend, it is quite obvious that he and his company share these same values.

It has been evident to me for some time that Hal and Lamont are in the same category.

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Jan,
For 25 cents more you could have gotten one to match your bike!

What were you thinkin'?

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wingman57 said:
Jan,

What were you thinkin'?
It matches exactly.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Jan Kokochak said:
wingman57 said:
Jan,

What were you thinkin'?
It matches exactly.
Wait until you get it into the sun light. You will notice the difference.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
azblackbird said:
Jan Kokochak said:
wingman57 said:
Jan,

What were you thinkin'?
It matches exactly.
The bike and the trailer have been together in the brilliant Florida sun, and they are exactly and precisely the same. It looks like they were shot on the same day in the same booth. Sorry to disappoint you Mr. Bbird.

·
Registered
911 Posts
beautiful trailer Jan !!...always wanted one of those, but being a Canadian, that trailer is too expensive for me...it was enough to pay for the new Wing in Cdn dollars...ride safe...

Scott

·
Registered
19,227 Posts
azblackbird said:
Jan Kokochak said:
wingman57 said:
Jan,

What were you thinkin'?
It matches exactly.
Bushtec uses OEM paint, paints inhouse and they are an exact match unlike other trailer people who have painting done out

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Jeepers....some guy buys a new trailer and is extraordinarily happy with the product and service....yet some person decides via the internet that the color doesn't match!

Jeesh!! What a bunch of garbage. You're veiled attempt to disparage anothers product is transparent at best!

Personally I do not own a Bustec product...but whie at Americade and browsing the Bushtec display I observed the interactions of the Bushtec staff with potential as well as previous customers. How one treats previous customers says a lot. I will be purchasing a Bushtec trailer....almost...almost.....have the wife convinced.

Any thoughts on how to further persuade the wife would be appreciated! :lol:

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Jan Kokochak said:
There are a few simple rules of business that we, in our company, try to adhere to. We feel that these rules will help shape a successful and respected enterprise.

1. Sell a quality product
2. Treat your customers with respect after the sale as well as before the sale
3. Do not compromise the quality of your product by offering outrageous deals. Place a price on your product and stick to it
4. Offer and deliver good customer service
5. Deliver exactly what you promise
6. Treat your customers as individuals, have fun with them and above all else respect their intelligence more than their money.

Having purchased a new Quantum Trailer from John Preston and Bustec at "Wings Over the Smokies" this past weekend. It is quite obvious that he and his company share these same values.

It has been evident to me for some time that Hal and Lamont are in the same category.

I AGREE !

·
Registered
750 Posts
Mighty pretty trailer!!! I know your proud to pull it with your wing. Two years ago at the Tennessee District rally I had decided beforehand I was gonna place my order. My spouse and I met John at his display and he basically ignored me, and put his sales pitch on my spouse, not knowing I had already made up my mind to place the order. Well his tactics were such a turn off that we walked away without placing an order for one of his trailers!!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase. I know you will be as satisfied as I am with mine. I bought it new in '93 and it looks and performs as well now as it did then. How anybody can say the paint doesn't match, from a picture on the Internet, is amazing to me. I've been to the Bushtec plant, twice, and I saw what goes into the production of this trailer. AND, if you have a problem, John Preston and his staff are there for you. Can't beat that.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
papa benny said:
Mighty pretty trailer!!! I know your proud to pull it with your wing. Two years ago at the Tennessee District rally I had decided beforehand I was gonna place my order. My spouse and I met John at his display and he basically ignored me, and put his sales pitch on my spouse, not knowing I had already made up my mind to place the order. Well his tactics were such a turn off that we walked away without placing an order for one of his trailers!!
Speaking from personal experience. In business it is not possible to have a successful outcome on every encounter with a customer. Back when I did my radio talk shows, I often said, "If I have 3 million listeners, and I am on the air long enough, I will eventually say enough things to piss off all three million of them."

·
Registered
261 Posts
Jan,

I have had 2 Bushtec trailers. I know Andy pretty well and I agree with you they are a class act. When I had purchased my first trailer, I went to TN at the factory to pick it up. I had botched the installation of some Harely lights on my RS Venture and didn't know it. I found out after the fact. Andrew pulled my bike back into the factory and completely rewired that acessory for freebies. I love their trailers and if properly maintained pull like they are not even there.

Enjoy it!!!

FF

1 - 15 of 15 Posts