GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife just got her wing.......

Would like to talk to her..... neither wing has a cb hate to spend 2k to set up both..........................

Both of us have J&M's Intercom system

I understand that Chatter Box has a Bike to Bike Kit using ear piece and the boom that swings out infront of your face (open helmet)

We can do this, however we would have two booms (J&M and Chatter Box) We would look like martians rolling down the highway.

Does anyone know of any device that we can get that will enable us to use only one unit, allowing us to talk back and forth with a Co Rider and Talk Bike to Bike....................

OR

Are we asking for just too dang gone much??????

LOL, Any help or pointers would be appreciated

·
Registered
85 Posts
BrianSC;

Kennedy products at (cellset.com) have an integration system for the use of FRS radios. You are talking more like a couple of hundred bucks instead of a couple of thousand with a CB system.

I enjoy the the use of both, but prefer the FRS for their quality of sound. I envy that your other half has her own bike, although I do enjoy feeling mine snuggled behind me. :)

I hope that this helps you with your decision.

Given enough power
Even a brick can fly

Phantom

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
get the kennedy cell set. the FRS set AND the Push-to-talk harness, that way you can use the PTT button on the left handle bar WITH your intercom.

if the instructions get confusing, e-mail me I can help you with install. although the instructions are pretty clear

·
Registered
399 Posts
Check with Air Rider......They have a set up for bikes with no intercom capeability they would involve new headsets though as no one is interchangable. I think the website is www.airrider.com They are very helpful and stand behind their stuff. joy

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Brian,

Think before you purchase. Think that you and the misses ever might ride with any other wings?

If you are on the highway, think any of them truckers have FRS so they can hear you and render aide?

Do the Cops monitor Channel 19 on the CB or FRS?

Two CB set ups will cost you between $1250 & $1500 if you do the installs.

Which ever way you go, make sure you think into the future. It would be a shame for you to buy one or the other only to change your mind and needs shortly down the road.

Bulldog

I just recently purchased a Brand New In the Box "CB" for $500.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2456193110&category=35580

·
Registered
169 Posts
Well, I for one, intend to do both. CB for talking to other bikes still in the AM world, and FRS/GMRS to talk to my wife on her bike, or other bikers that prefer the FM world, which is enormously cheaper and has clear transmissions.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Phantom / JMAC00
is this it?

FRSet
Because sometimes a Family or Amateur Radio is the only way to communicate.

Connect your Family Radio Service, or 2 meter radio to your intercom system! Multiple push to talk (PTT )options available. A rear passenger PTT is available.

No batteries required. A sport bike version (no ICS needed) is available, too.

From US$129.95

1 - 8 of 8 Posts