GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holly & I both ordered dual permanent temp controllers to install on each of our bikes. I see a lot of you are installing just the female power connector and then using the portable temp controllers. My questions is there some reason that going the portable route would be better?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Some say it's to move from bike to bike, others will say it's cost. I went portable until I was sure I liked the Gerbings, and had a chance to see where others were installing the plugs and dials.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have both portable and a built in. The main advantage to a portable is the ability to use it on multiple bikes. There is also no drilling holes in your bike.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Speaking for myself, I wanted to be able to transfer my heated system if and when I get a new(er) wing. I recently ordered heated liners for myself and my wife -- but chose to go with the portable thermo.

S

·
0 Posts
BlueWing I also have the built in style . I have seen a number of others install the portable units with Velcro in various places on the bike and on their gear. There seems to be more flexibility and options going that route . I kinda wish I did now . :roll:

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
I use Velcro to mount the control knob anywhere I want with my Warm & Safe liner.
Bought the semi mounted Heat troller control. Runs the Gloves to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts