GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy - Did I miss something on the 2012 Wing or is the Nav/info screen smaller in size then on the 2010? The brake light and turn signals lens are recessed in to the rear fender. Isn't that going to make them more difficult to see from the sides? Got the chance to look one over yesterday up close. I hadn't seen these things in the posted photo's before, I was alittle surprised. Best Wishes Everyone, Mike Dory

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
Howdy - Did I miss something on the 2012 Wing or is the Nav/info screen smaller in size then on the 2010?
Screen is the same size.it's your eyes that are getting smaller.:shrug:

The brake light and turn signals lens are recessed in to the rear fender.
You must of looked at a special model,:shrug:
Because all the 2012's have them ON the rear fender.

Isn't that going to make them more difficult to see from the sides?
How is brake lights going to make a bike easier to see from the side.Me I like to see brake lights when I'm behind a bike not from the side of it when it's going by me when I'm at a stopped position.

Got the chance to look one over yesterday up close. I hadn't seen these things in the posted photo's before, I was alittle surprised. Best Wishes Everyone, Mike Dory
A lot goes on when you aren't napping huh Mike.:thumbup:

Are you still hanging out in Elsinore?? I might do the 74 this weekend and stop by.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Don't ya know you're supposed to be asking this question on the 2012 board?
:thumbup::agree::popcorn: they wanted there own board cause the bike is so much different?:thumbup::bow:He must of just miss it :joke:

·
Registered
611 Posts
Those 2012's that have the NAV have the same size screen as the 2010's and earlier. Those 2012's that do not have the NAV have a smaller screen. This has been the case with all 2006 and above Wings.

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
Those 2012's that have the NAV have the same size screen as the 2010's and earlier. Those 2012's that do not have the NAV have a smaller screen. This has been the case with all 2006 and above Wings.
Good point.It could of been a level 1-2 that he was looking at.The dash is the same size but the screen is the same size as the 01-05's.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks

Ya, come to think of it, it was a level 1-2 2012 Wing Thanks. About doing Hwy#74, It's going to be closed on Sunday 7:00 A.M. till 12:30 pm. Unknown about Saturday. The Construction signs just went up again tonight. Rocky, I'd love to have a cup of coffee with ya. However, my Wife is getting Chemo at Zion Hosp. this weekend, so I'm going to be busy. She is still fighting stage 4 colon cancer. I hope to have her home on Monday, if your free. The coffee is always on. All of you are most welcome. Send me a PM we'll set up a time. Best Wishes Mike Dory

·
Registered
453 Posts
Ya, come to think of it, it was a level 1-2 2012 Wing Thanks. About doing Hwy#74, It's going to be closed on Sunday 7:00 A.M. till 12:30 pm. Unknown about Saturday. The Construction signs just went up again tonight. Rocky, I'd love to have a cup of coffee with ya. However, my Wife is getting Chemo at Zion Hosp. this weekend, so I'm going to be busy. She is still fighting stage 4 colon cancer. I hope to have her home on Monday, if your free. The coffee is always on. All of you are most welcome. Send me a PM we'll set up a time. Best Wishes Mike Dory
Zion, Il?

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Good luck with your wife hope everything goes o.k. this weekend cancer sucks the big one.

·
Banned
7,603 Posts
Howdy - Did I miss something on the 2012 Wing or is the Nav/info screen smaller in size then on the 2010?
Same size, no change
The brake light and turn signals lens are recessed in to the rear fender. Isn't that going to make them more difficult to see from the sides?
There are lighting visibility angles that must be met for all vehicle lighting contained withing the testing procedure for States approvals, in SAE and FMVSS requirements. Side views of stop/tail/signal lamps are not as much as one would expect. These areas are covered under the requirements of front and rear sidemarker lamps and side reflex requirements.
Got the chance to look one over yesterday up close. I hadn't seen these things in the posted photo's before, I was alittle surprised. Best Wishes Everyone, Mike Dory
''''''''''''''''''''

1 - 10 of 10 Posts