GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was sorting my winter gloves last weekend and getting ready for the cooler weather on the way. I keep them in a bin on the shelf in my garage...which is also home to Roscoe my dog when we are not there. After sorting everything, I put the bin on the seat of the Goldwing instead of back on the shelf and then went to dinner with my wife.

When we came back, Rocsoe had pulled the bin off the seat scattered the gloves around the garage and eaten the cables off of a pair of Gerbings T3 heated gloves and a pair of Gerbings heated glove liners. After showing Roscoe what doggy hell might be like, I sent an email to Gerbings over the weekend. They called me back on Tuesday and said it's possible to replace the cables and it would be about $17 each.

I live about 30 miles north of their headquarters, so I went down yesterday morning. Not only were they able to repair the gloves in about an hour while I waited, but based on the fact that we've bought many Gerbings items over the past few years, they fixed them at NO COST!

It's great to have a company recognize you as a valued customer and do something like this. I was prepared to pay the cost since it was totally my...or my dog's...fault. Not only is their stuff great, but now I respect them even more as a company.

BTW, I asked how business has been and they are building a new manufacturing facility in North Carolina to keep up with demand. Nice to hear they could be around to cover the lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
The dog... Alive or DEAD?

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Bet Roscoe is a Black Lab.They will eat anything.

We had a Black Lab named Crash.
One year my wife made 12 dozen Christmas cookies.
We went to work the next morning, and that night, when we got home, all 12 dozen cookies were gone, as well as the Saran Wrap and Tin Foil.
:nojoke:

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Bet Roscoe is a Black Lab.They will eat anything.

We had a Black Lab named Crash.
One year my wife made 12 dozen Christmas cookies.
We went to work the next morning, and that night, when we got home, all 12 dozen cookies were gone, as well as the Saran Wrap and Tin Foil.
:nojoke:

I had a yellow lab. They're all the same. Eats the cake and box so there's no evidence.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Well my yellow Lab must have been a smart one cause she could eat a loaf of bread in a blink of an eye, but never the wrapper.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,760 Posts
BTW, I asked how business has been and they are building a new manufacturing facility in North Carolina to keep up with demand. Nice to hear they could be around to cover the lifetime warranty.
It sure would be nice to see a Made in the USA sticker on the Gerbing gear instead of China ....we sure do need the jobs.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
It sure would be nice to see a Made in the USA sticker on the Gerbing gear instead of China ....we sure do need the jobs.
Mike at Warm N Safe used to make the controllers for Gerbing until they sent one to China to be copied. That's why their design is years behind his.

·
Registered
7,703 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Very Cool, I like hearing stories like this. I have a Golden who is a safe cracker. She can open any trash can no matter what kind of closure I put on it. Just the price we pay to be able to spend time with such wonderful creatures.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
what kind of dog ?
He is part Lapso, part cocker spaniel, part Wheaton terrier. I was never a dog person before him. He's great 99% of the time, so I gave him a pass on this one. He was in doggie jail for two days, however. Now this afternoon he ate my lunch pizza right off the kitchen island. For that, he'll do really hard time....LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts