GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Here's a problem that's been bugging me for a while but I haven't got around to asking yet.

2002 ABS.
Every three minutes my ABS does what seems to be a systems check. There is an audible high-pitch double-beep and an audible click. If I happen to be touching the brake lever or pedal at the time I also feel the click through there.
The beep cuts across any sounds/music playing or intercom talking and also makes the CB give a sharp static blast if I have it on.
Not a major problem and I like the idea that the system is keeping a regular check on itself, but it is starting to get annoying.
Does this happen for everyone or do I have a fault?
Does anyone know of a way to make the ABS do it's self-check quietly?

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Clint, it would be more annoying, if it didn't do that.

Perfectly normal.

Each time mine does it, I say "There you are, Thank You".

Bulldog

·
Registered
999 Posts
Clint I think a more crisp answer is that the click you feel in the lever/pedal IS normal when the system check happens. The audio phenomena (beeps, CB breaking squelch, etc) are NOT normal. At least, mine has never done that. That is what Fred was alluding to with the "additional ground" comment.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Ky. Slim said:
I have an '02 w/ABS...I've never noticed that sound in the audio system
Absolutly Ditto....except mine is '03ABS.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I'm with several others here.
My 02 had the little click in the lever but NEVER had any noises.
I'd check out Fred's actions
and Good Luck with it Clint. :)
DC

·
Registered
416 Posts
My '03 DOES the speaker noise, most noticable in the headsets.

It's the ABS resetting itself, SOP.

Do as Fred H. says to minimize the noise in the audio / intercom system.

·
Registered
20,946 Posts
unfortunatly no ABS on my bike but i do get a beep in the headset about once a day, at one time i thought it was the XM radio but have been riding with the XM removed lately and it still does it, maybe it come from the CB ?

·
Registered
322 Posts
ABS click

I had an 04 w/ABS and I now have an 07 w/ABS and they both did/do it. I did not hear anything on either bike but if you are touching the hand brake at the time when it does it, you can feel it momentarily.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts