GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, have 2018 DCT Tour and previously a 2007 ABS Navi Wing. As I have only been a car tech, I could always tell when ABS was active as the brake pedal will buzz when ABS valves are cycling and pump motor running. Have never seen this on either of my Wings, the 2007 , I put 80K on before trade. The owner's manual does not discuss operating characteristics when active. Is there any indication, or are the valves so smooth and/ or quick that no feedback is present ? On my 07, only time I knew they couldn't work was when the front modulator assembly set potentiometer codes and ABS flashed until I cycled the ignition. Just curious ? Yes , I did replace it, was expensive and a bitch to get lines broken free. Too bad I couldn't just buy a potentiometer to install on the 07. I see the 2018 has different design, hope is better as far as longevity is concerned than 07 was, I had the rear modulator to start setting same code a few years after I replaced front, left as is usually only set when oat's were 45 - 55 degrees and then never again on same day and still had good brakes.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I always do the above on a new bike. Just don't do it on gravel as the abs kicks out at low speed making for too much excitement on gravel.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts