GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:?: Ya you guessed it, convert a non ABS to an ABS bike ? Would we be talking a main wiring harness as well as the hard parts you think ? :roll:

Just kinda thinking out loud, wonder what the parts off a wreck would cost ?

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
I'm thinking that maybe the only cost effective way would be to buy a salvage bike and then do some swapp"in. Most likely a helluva a lot of trouble though.

·
Registered
179 Posts
GOOD QUESTION ! I JUST SOLD MY WING AND I'M LOOKING AT ST 1300s AND IT WILL HAVE ABS .

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I know this is not the answer you're looking for, for me it would easier to sell my current bike and buy an ABS model. Your talking a whole lot of work....if it can done. Of course anything can be done, but by what complicated measure?

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
I can't imagine the wiring harness would be different.. I wouldn't attempt it unless you cafefully cross referance then swap ALL the plumbing and electrics.. I don't think it would be cost effective unless you could get a salvage ABS though..

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
PunkinWing said:
I can't imagine the wiring harness would be different.. I wouldn't attempt it unless you cafefully cross referance then swap ALL the plumbing and electrics.. I don't think it would be cost effective unless you could get a salvage ABS though..
From the information I have read, the wiring harness is indeed different. You would be looking at basically stripping the bike and rebuilding from the ground up with adding the wheel sensors, wiring harness, ABS brake plumbing, ABS CPU.......

The cost and time involved would be well over the price difference. If it was a cost effective add on, I would have to believe someone would be marketing it.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
I have a right side mirror from an '04 Wing. It is in pretty good shape.

What would it take to rebuild it into a functioning bike. Don't care if it has ABS or not.

Would it be hard to find an 04 crush washer?

Has anyone ever rebuilt a Wing from a mirror?

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
NJREF said:

What would it take to rebuild it into a functioning bike. Don't care if it has ABS or not.

Would it be hard to find an 04 crush washer?

No, but they're doing wonderful things with cloning these days!!! :lol:

·
Registered
23 Posts
NJREF said:
Only if the mirror has the stem still attached...those stem cells gotta come from somewhere! :oops: :lol: :roll:

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Only if the mirror has the stem still attached...those stem cells gotta come from somewhere!
Too funny..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

No, but they're doing wonderful things with cloning these days!!!
Funny....poor Ms Sassy has to put up with your humor!! :lol: :wink:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Therapy...

:p This Board is worth sooo much more as therapy... the insightful, objective, professional information and opinions are just a bonus. Y'all are the best. :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts