GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My light started to flash this evening. I changed the rear tire today. I rode about 50 miles after the change until the light started flashing. I dont see how I could have damaged anything. I will go thru the test procedure in the morning and see what happens. Has anybody had any experience with this problem?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
From my BMW days - when the battery gets weak, those ABS lights would flash. Could be the same here, which would explain no connection to the tire change.
Let me know, just wondering....

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I will. I am gonna start reading the service manual in a little bit after my coffee starts working.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I would give a visual inspection to the ABS equipment in the area of the rear tire.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I did the test that was in the manual. There were no codes stored?? I put the Tender on before I did the test. The grenn light came to solid in about an hour. So I removed the charger and did the code retriaval. No codes. So this makes me believe the battery is on its way down hill according to the service manual. I had the fog lights on, heated grips and other things on last night. It says if the battery or the voltage drops to a certain level then the abs light will come on. Time for a test drive. I guess I will wait until Rrixx wakes up, hate to wake up the guests of the house.

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
I woke up about 10 AM and Toyo was gone so I took his bike for a long test ride before my coffee had time to kick in. The ABS light is now the least of his problems. :crew:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts