GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help! Oh no! The sky is falling! (no, not really)

The ABS light on my '01 is on steady.

I used the pull-fuses-3-and-4 method from the service manual to retrieve and erase the codes.

Now it just gives me the steady 2-sec-on, 2-sec-off routine over & over again, like it doesn't have any error codes stored.

Yet it won't go off, or won't Flash fast like it's found the error again. I've ridden it for 45 minutes straight, and hear the ABS 'click' when it does it's self test, but still no error codes afterwards.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Sorry, Lester.

I've got nothing. :(

·
Registered
240 Posts
lester said:
Please help! Oh no! The sky is falling! (no, not really)

The ABS light on my '01 is on steady.

I used the pull-fuses-3-and-4 method from the service manual to retrieve and erase the codes.

Now it just gives me the steady 2-sec-on, 2-sec-off routine over & over again, like it doesn't have any error codes stored.

Yet it won't go off, or won't Flash fast like it's found the error again. I've ridden it for 45 minutes straight, and hear the ABS 'click' when it does it's self test, but still no error codes afterwards.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Now the ABS unit utilises the voltage on fuse 13 as well as fuses 3 & 4, so I would check it as well. As the unit is at the rear of the bike, have you had the rear panels off. There are three connectors there called A, B, & C and off course the ubiqitos G1 ground under the tank

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fuse 13 is good. I have been working in the back (trailer hitch), and have double-checked those 3 connections to the ABS unit.

This does remind me that the last time I disconnected the battery, the ABS light went out for a few minutes on the next ride until it found the problem again.

Pulling fuse 13 and turning the bike on/off did not do this. Tomorrow I'll disconnect the mains and let it sit a while, see if the codes get erased.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Anyone else?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts