GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help!
Does anyone know about the internal operation of the rear ABS modulator pump? It runs but wont build pressure to the limit switch. I also dont know how the internal solonoid valve operates. This problem occured after the bike sat for a couple months. Any possible answers are appreciated.

thanks
Mark

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
mark erhardt said:
I need help!
Does anyone know about the internal operation of the rear ABS modulator pump? It runs but wont build pressure to the limit switch. I also dont know how the internal solonoid valve operates. This problem occured after the bike sat for a couple months. Any possible answers are appreciated.

thanks
Mark
Friend, no offense intended, but I think you're in way over your head. So, don't void the warranty by messing with it. Take it to a dealer.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I don't know how they work, but on the bmw's if the battery isn't at peak charge the abs will fault. Check battery if its good then like everybody else said I would head for the dealer.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ABS Modulator

This part is on a older ST1100A, I just hoped that some one had repaired this part before. At a mere $1740.00 If I cant find it used, I will repair it or it will become a non ABS Bike. My new 03 Goldwing has ABS also and well worth the $1000.00 . I will be getting the extended warranty to avoid getting hosed by Honda's exorbitant parts prices.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts