GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read all the posts about ABS vs Non ABS and it seems that most that respond have it. I was wondering how many really have it vs do not. I just got off the phone with my dealer as I was thinking of trading my 02 for an 04 ABS. He said the demand here in Virginia is next to nothing for ABS and that he special orders them. I agree that it's a great thing to have and wish I had bought my 02 with it. I looked into a trade and :shock: 11K for my 02 and their best 04 ABS deal was 17K. I might just have to wait a few years and try not to grab those breaks too hard. ABS or not..I love this bike :lol:

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
'02 non ABS here.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
01 :blw1: non ABS

·
Registered
601 Posts
I have an 01 without ABS, but when we bought for my wife, I looked for and found one with ABS. If I had to buy again, it would be ABS.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I have it, I think it is a must have. It saved my tail once, and that's enoungh to pay for it MANY times over.

·
Registered
73 Posts
02 ABS, I haven't had to hit the binders hard enough yet to know how well it works. I would probably get it again if I were to trade bikes. :eek:w1:

·
Registered
759 Posts
02 with ABS....wouldnt be without it....dont let a dealer sway your decision...they want to sell what they have on the floor.

·
Registered
837 Posts
01 non abs here. If I sell, or trade for a new one, I'll get the abs next time after reading some of the experiences of those on the board that have it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have it. It might be neat to see this question posed as a poll - probably get better numbers!

·
Chard Member
13,063 Posts
I Have ABS! They have only paid for themselves once in 45,000 miles. I expected better out of them! LOL...

Bugs...FYI...You have LBS, you don't have independent brakes, so you still don't have control over them! :(

·
Registered
436 Posts
Varider, I have a 03 non-ABS. But it is interesting to read articles and experiences about the use of ABS. I look at it like this, whether you have ABS or not you (the rider) still have to have the reflexes to initiate anyway.

If I were to purchase another Wing (I plan on keeping this one until 100,000 mi.) at least. Then I will consider the ABS but since I saw the "Blk Warrior" sitting there on the show room floor speaking to me, I could only listen and I didn't ask if he had ABS or not.

I can't predict the future on any ride but I can ride responsibily. :drive1:

·
Registered
291 Posts
'02 IB ABS.

Like many others who responded here - wouldn't have another Wing without it.

If I lusted after a bike that didn't have ABS available, it wouldn't stop me from buying it - but if it IS available, I'll take it, without hesitation.

Roy

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
have it 03 :yw1: abs and tried it out in a ERC class yesterday....really nice to be able to hammer the brakes and not lock up. Like the instructed said....abs makes a average rider better, but does not necessarily improve an above average rider.

·
Registered
9 Posts
ABS

The fact that Honda finally put ABS on the Wing is the main reason that I traded my 1500 for a 1800 with ABS. I have not used it on my wing but I have used it on a BMW at a rally while out on a test ride, it works. :)

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
03 candy red, non ABS.

I think it depends on how aggressive you drive, I am not particularly aggressive, so I have not "needed" ABS. I have had 3 scooter accidents since 1975, in every case, ABS WOULD NOT have helped.

I just drive a little more conservatively than most.

but thats just me

1 - 20 of 70 Posts