GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2013 MC10 and started to change the pigtail wiring connector to fit my Toyota pickup and am not getting any bulbs to light up when applying a known 12 volt source to every wire. Trailer has a 4 wire connector: yellow, white, brown and green. I think the green is the ground but not sure. Trailer is hooked to the truck which should provide its own ground through the hitch. Is that correct? Taillights are recessed into an aluminum extrusion making getting to the wires difficult. Does anyone know how to get to the bulbs in the taillights? I tried to pull on the rubber seal around the lens but stopped as it appeared it would tear before coming off. I hesitated to use a pin to puncture the wires to run a continuity check as the trailer is essentially brand new. It also has LED bulbs if that matters. If anyone can tell me what I'm doing wrong, I sure would appreciate it.

Johnny S

·
Registered
427 Posts
I think the trailer side ground wire is white and should be grounded to the trailer frame at some point if you are grounding thru the ball/hitch.

Below is the wiring color designation from the Aluma schematic.

Hope this helps,
Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts