GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there , under the saddle, an accessories connector like there is under the top shelter, to connect the 12V accessory socket? I'm asking this because I will install a neutrino blackbox(https://www.neutrinoblackbox.com) under the saddle and I need after contact connection.

·
Registered
881 Posts
No. But there is an acc. terminal in the fuse panel that you can use to trigger the unit. Even if there was a connector it would not be able to handle the loads that that unit is capable of. Per the install directions wire the 10awg directly to the battery and then ,in my opinion , wire the trigger wire to the acc terminal in the fuse panel.

Reactions: laen

·
Registered
711 Posts
Why are you installing the Neutrino? What does it do? Just asking; not saying it's a bad idea.
I think the accessory lugs in the fuse box are relatively low amperage, BTW. I know nothing about the Neutrino but wonder if it should be wired directly to the battery?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
https://www.neutrinoblackbox.com

I will install heated gloves and GPS connection separated from the canbus. This is the ideal solution but not cheap. But I must(will) have an after contact connection. It is a good circuit board because , like they said, it made in the USA.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Your over thinking the Canbus thing, I've had a Canbus for many, many years (my other bike is BMW GSA) and all that is needed is a relay.

The relay comes on with the bike ignition but it pulls it's power from the battery, which then provides power to the device; for me it my GPS, volt meter, heated jacket (gloves too) for my wife and me.

Since the relay pulls from the battery, it isn't pulling from a circuit within the bike.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Bartho,

I am running a Neutrino Element+.

I installed it under the seat (plenty of room with my non-tour) and run the power trigger wire off the switched accessory terminals as mentioned by eddiepants. I am using it for a 15 amp supply to a DIN (BMW type) socket up front to run heated gear. I also wired up the Honda 10 amp accessory socket for a GPS/Phone/whatever but that is off the Honda connector under the shelter.

I wanted a full 15 amps for a heated suit and the Honda socket is only 10 amps, as is the accessory terminal on the fuse panel.

I plan to get some clearwater lights and will run them off of the Neutrino as well. It is easy to program from your phone and doesn't have much parasitic draw (about 4ma).

Regards,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts