GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,271 Posts
I recently bought a 2007 GoldWing and would like to purchase helmets with an intercom system so my wife and I can communicate as well as listen to music. I have no idea where to begin to look except the local Honda dealer and would prefer to spend less money if possible. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. Mike
Keep the cords and order J and M headset to install in your new helmet.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I'd avoid any built in bluetooth communication systems because if the BT fails, now where are you going to mount its replacement? PASS!

If you do group rides with some of the same people, get the same brand as them.

Around Seattle, I enjoy riding with the Seattle Riders on meetup.com. Most have Sena's. I have a pair of Sena 20s EVOs and my wife and love the intercom, music sharing and they connect easily to other Sena headsets as well as my Garmin GPS. Works well with our Android smartphones.

Thing has been dropped a dozen times and keeps on ticking too.

Check out this docking station that charges and installs semi-annual firmware updates automatically!

Output device Camera lens Camera accessory Gadget Cameras & optics

Sena!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I recently bought a 2007 GoldWing and would like to purchase helmets with an intercom system so my wife and I can communicate as well as listen to music. I have no idea where to begin to look except the local Honda dealer and would prefer to spend less money if possible. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. Mike
Sena Outrush has built in Bluetooth at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
2006 Goldwing - Level 4
67 Posts
I have a set of Lexin B4FM bluetooth headsets for my wife and I. I really like them.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a 2008 Audio Comfort and until last year I used a pair of J&M headsets connected to the bikes intercom/music system. For a music option other than radio I used an auxiliary cable connected to an mp3 player or my phone. This worked great and I highly recommend it IF you don't need bluetooth capability (eg: an external GPS). Last year I finally made the commitment to a GPS but they don't make them with aux output anymore requiring me to switch to bluetooth headsets. I went with Cardo Packtalk Bold which is a pre-synched two-pack. I give them a thumbs up for sound and communication quality. They have never failed in rain which is a concern for some Sena units.

·
Registered
45 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I called them this morning at (423) 238-5388 Ext 12. The message received is "Unfortunately, Air Rider is no longer in business. Sorry for the inconvenience" What a shame. In my estimation, their headsets were superior. I have several and the oldest ones, which are still in use to this day, were put into service in 2000 at the GWRRA Wing Ding in Billings, MT.
I was at that Wing Ding in Billings, MT in 2000...

Oct 18, 2018 Nolan “N40-5” Helmet (XL) # OV30190013 394.95
With Air Rider Headset

I sold my Wing in September 2019 but still have the Nolan Helmet.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a set of corded JM that I used on my 2015. They worked fine when I got rid of the bike. They have a separate volume control on one of the cords so you can adjust them separately. Also sattelite radio mount on the shelter cover that has an atenna with it. Let me know if you are interested.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If it is only the 2 of you and you will never include anyone else then Sena and Cardo are both great. IF you ever want to include others, Cardo is the only way to go. We have used both and Cardo is hands down the most consistent, high quality device.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts