GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

I've been thinking of getting an iPod MP3 player for use on my wing. They come with an adaptor to plug into a power plug. Does a wing have a power plug for accessories?

Thanks in advance for your help

·
Registered
353 Posts
Honda and Electrical Connection make one for the front left pocket and the trunk.

I have Honda's in the front left pocket and I picked one up from EC (Electrical Connection) at the 2002 Wing Ding for my trunk.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Power plug

Under left fairing top pocket. I used the 3 prong to run my volt meter.
There's another conn. up under the right front speaker. (Very short cable on that one.)

Both should power your player.

Larry

PS: If you need the mate's to these connectors, you can get them from
Venco Wings.
1-866-648-3636
(603) 435-5151

·
Registered
20,952 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I bought the Carlyn #205802 marine 12v power outlet for about $3 a couple of years ago, you have to do it yourself on the wiring, but that's no big deal. The one I'm talking about is in the bottom photo on this page.

http://www.geocities.com/wingman26gold/port.html

·
Registered
156 Posts
Cycledude wrote
this the same power plug electrical connection sells? The cord looks very short,is it still easy to remove the fairing pocket with such a short cord? Seems like a little longer cord might have been nice.
Yes it is from Electical Connection...I have it and it works great ....no its not to short.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Aux power plug - word of caution

If you plug the honda or ec outlet into the aux harness provided and intend to use it for powering an audio device, it's likely that you will also need an audio line ground loop isolator.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
this will help a lot

i am tool challenged

terminal case

but i did a left pocket 12 volt plug myself and didnt mess uo anything

hardest part was plugging in the wire to the socket

with big hands

loren

·
Registered
200 Posts
I am using an EC 12 volt accessory outlet in my left pocket to power a converter for my GPS. How have others routed the lead wire from the accessory plug to the GPS (or other device) without crimping the wire under the pocket door when it is closed? It would see that over time the wires would be damaged or the door itself become stressed by the process.

I am considering creating a small wire size slot in the lower edge of the pocket to make this easier.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I solved the wire crimping problem with a Dremel Tool. Just carve out a wire size slot in the fairing pocket along the gasket rib.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Mp3

Like the others ,I put one in the Trunk.I got one for the fearing pocket,but my sony uses 2AA's and they last a long time.Three weeks and same cells.But I will get around to puttin one in the front too.The Honda wires for their plugs are very short,that's where they cut the corners.I can't believe how short the wires are.If you use their plugs its ok,but I cut them off and you aint got much left. Just be aware of it.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Thanks for the tip on cutting the slot. I was hoping for another solution but that looks like the best way to go.

Don

·
Registered
231 Posts
I also have the EC plug in the left fairing pocket for the XM radio power. Once you get it plugged in, there is still plenty of wire length to remove the pocket. I did have to "re-solder" the center rivet as there was NO power at first. Still a worthwhile and recommended accessory.
Hawk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts