GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading across Missouri on US36 this Friday from Hannibal to I-35 then down to Kansas City to pick up I-70 west.

Planned on US36 across Missouri just to avoid I-70 and maybe pick up more to see.

Have been watching the MODOT map online and starting to get concerned about all the flooding. Seeing several roads branching off of US36 flooding due to some smaller rivers and creeks.

Also, flooding just north of Kansas City, are we going to make it across the Missouri River at Kansas City ??

Any info from someone in the area would be much appreciated.

Should we just head to I-70 to cross Missouri to stay south of the flooding or bring boats instead of the bikes ??

Thanks
Ray

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
<...>Any info from someone in the area would be much appreciated.

Should we just head to I-70 to cross Missouri to stay south of the flooding or bring boats instead of the bikes ??

Thanks
Ray
Not current info, but US-50 had no issues as of two weeks ago; crossed the state riding that route without difficulty.

That being stated, Interstates are the roads that will mainly be passable in situations like that...but, see if Missouri has a web page that gives current road info; might be faster and more accurate for major thorofare information.

EDIT: Here ya go - http://maps.modot.mo.gov/timi/

Ride safe.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Eight of us old guys went from Indy to KC May 5-7 and took US 36 to Hanibal then US 24 to KC. US 24 runs into I-70 on the near south side of KC. Both 36 and 24 an good roads.
Hope this helps

1 - 5 of 5 Posts