GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was headed East going thru Hayesville N.C. this morning on the bike. A Jacky Jones Ford parts truck (dealer in Hayesville) passed me just before Hwy 64 became one lane in each direction. Watching as the truck weaved from over the center line to the shoulder, traveling at 75, I hung back while trying to reach someone on the CB. After a few miles, the truck turned right onto 175, which was fortunate since that is the way I had planned on going. After about a quarter of a mile, it left the roadway on the left, with the entire truck diving down into the ditch. Narrowly missing some trees, it popped back up on the road directly into the path of a van and an SUV. They separated and the truck went between them before stopping. I pulled up along side and told the driver to pull over.

He said, "I'm alright." I said NO YOU'RE NOT! He must have figured I was a cop, and pulled over. I said "GIVE YOUR KEYS," and he did. Surprise eh, I'm 76, 5'7" and not very intimidating. He calmly waited till the state patrol showed up and it turned out he had some medical issues. The patrol officer said he would not be allowed to drive any more this day. My good deed for the day.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Glad you got him stopped and no one was injured. A friend of mine, diabetic, did the same thing with her daughter in the car. She was not as lucky. She crashed, almost totaled her car while people were trying to get her stopped. She didn't remember any of it. Fortunately, no one was hurt but she did have to buy about a dozen mailboxes and fix her car.

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
I know there will be some that will say that was a crazy stunt to pull when he could of shot you.But Screw them!

Let me say "Thank You" :bow::bow::bow:
For getting involved and not only saving this persons life seeing he had medical issues.
But the other unsuspecting motorist out there that wouldn't of had a chance if he lost control and hit them.

Good on ya Mate.:thumbup:

·
Registered
556 Posts
It was crazy! I would have just shot out his tires to begin with to get him off the road, but then, i do live in TX not N.C.

I know there will be some that will say that was a crazy stunt to pull when he could of shot you.But Screw them!

For getting involved and not only saving this persons life seeing he had medical issues.
But the other unsuspecting motorist out there that wouldn't of had a chance if he lost control and hit them.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Jack,

Thank you for seeing a problem and taking the necessary action that possibly saved this persons life and some other innocent people as well.

:congrats: you deserve a :1st: and a well done :clap2:.
Ride safe and God Bless.

Mike

·
Registered
387 Posts
Great job! Bravo Zulu

·
Banned
7,603 Posts

That was a crazy stunt to pull when he could of shot you or rammed you.
However, since all is well: :yes1::bow::thumbup:

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
good for you ; most likely saved someone! Did that with a drunk in miami while in a fire truck at 3 am. He didnt know who we were. Hope hes not still looking for his keys. Its risky but ya gotta do what ya gotta do!:thumbup:

·
Registered
546 Posts

:agree::agree::agree:

·
Registered
684 Posts
A friend of mine got a drunk stopped, walked up to the car, reached in and shut the car off, threw the guys keys in the river next to the road, and drove off!

Wow......!

Mike

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
Good job! You saw a problem and dealt with it the best way you knew to do it. That took courage and determination.

You very possibly saved a life and whether they know it or not, you saved the dealership owner and his insurance company a million dollar lawsuit and a lot of bad public relations.

Not bad for a senior citizen!

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Way to go, Jack. :thumbup:

·
Registered
293 Posts
I agree with Rocky,,,,,,,,,,,,,good job you may have saved a life.......:congrats:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts