GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello
has anyone purchased a set of "ADD ON" brand passsenger arm rests for a 1800.....if so , whats your opinion of the quality of them
thanks mickey

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
If this is the one that mounts under the hand rails, yes I did. They seem to be decent, have no problems, and added the pouches on them. A person could not rest their arms on them, and push down to pull the body up thou. The pivot bracket hangs out about two inches from the mounting plate, and would bend some. If the elbows are kept on the speaker boxes, then little stress on the arm rest. But this would be an extreme issue. My wife loves being able to rest her arms and relax with them. Putting the center stand down, I usually swing the arm out for a good grip on the handle. No arm rest have a set position like a tab, it is illegal, they move anytime they are pushed. Lots of luck choosing.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have the Add on arm rests. My wife loves them.Just be sure to snug the bottom nuts so the arm rests are tight to move.
Here is a pictur showing the armrests mounted on the bike.

G

·
KuryAkyn has a set coming out in March (per their sales dept) that are very small by comparison to others. Sharp looking. Saw it in their new catalog as a new item to be released soon. Under $200.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well, I have the add-ons and they're ok, but could be better. The biggest problem I have is with them getting too tight or too loose with changes in temp and I guess humidity. Some days they seem just right, other days loose.

I've seen others that I think look better, but when I got mine, these are what the dealer had, so that's what I took.

Jeff W.
Cary, NC

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Remember the other plus, when a package is in the back seat just put a tiedown across the arm rest to hold it in place!! Had to do this when leaving the Ralley in the valley, VA.

·
Registered
35 Posts
acdcdog said:
hello
has anyone purchased a set of "ADD ON" brand passsenger arm rests for a 1800.....if so , whats your opinion of the quality of them
thanks mickey
I have them and picked them because you can open the trunk fully without having to move them out of the way. I was concerned that they would be too small (short) for comfort, but my wife says they are fine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
arm rests

We have the ones that mount on the seat brackets and wife loves them. However there are plastic washers on the top and bottom of mount that continue to break from opening and closing rests. I replaced them with brass washers and have had no problems. plug

1 - 8 of 8 Posts